Fallin'

This chapter is to make up for yesterday. Also my new posting time is 7pm EST 🤍

Corbyn's POV

I wasn't expecting to actually fall for Madison but I really liked her. She was funny and we had the same music taste. We were planning on meeting today before she went back to her normal life. I got my hoodie and ran downstairs to find Daniel on the couch with Jasmine. "Going to meet Maddie?"

"Yeah. How do you know her?" I asked as I found my keys.

"She's my best friend," Jasmine replied.

Zach looked up from his phone when he heard this. "And you never introduced us?" he asked.

Jasmine shrugged as she went back to cuddling with Daniel. I wanted to listen to this conversation but I didn't want to be late. I left the rest of the group to argue with each other. I ran into Jon in the driveway and he smiled. "Besson, where are you off to in such a hurry?" he asked.

"He's got a date," I heard Jonah yell from inside and rolled my eyes.

When I got to the hotel, Madison was sitting in the lobby reading. She looked up and grinned when she saw me. I took her to my favorite spot at the beach and we spent most of our time in the waves. "My parents were wrong about you," she said as I picked her up.

"Really? What did your parents say?" I asked and she smiled.

"Just parent things. I don't want them hurting you. Things of that nature," Madison explained as I carried her to the shore.

"I would never hurt you," I replied.

"You're pretty cool," Madison said and I laughed.

We went to the boardwalk and I took her to my favorite seafood place. We talked for a while and began to lose track of time. "What's your other favorite restaurant?" she asked as I led her to my car.

"That diner near my house," I replied.

She grinned as she looked up at me. "I work there."

"Seriously? Then I'll be seeing you more than I thought," I said as I drove towards the hotel. "Want me to just take you all the way home?"

"If you don't mind helping me with the bags," she said and I followed her upstairs.

Jasmine was on the couch talking to another girl. I was taken aback when I saw a girl who looked exactly like Madison. "You didn't tell me your sibling was your twin."

Madison laughed as her sister shoved her. "Corbyn this is Chloe. Obviously you already know who he is."

I hugged Chloe. "Nice to meet you," I told her.

After a few minutes we got everything packed and I drove them all home. Jasmine came with me since she wanted to come with me to see Eben. "Can we make plans?" I asked Madison.

"I would be sad if we didn't," she told me.

"Then I'll call you soon," I said and led Jasmine to the car.

"I told you she was your type," Jasmine laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"I hate it when you're right," I sighed.

I called Madison a few days later and suggested we hang out again soon. She agreed and I told her I'd find a day. Jack seemed to be distancing from her and I was worried he was going to do something. We were having constant arguments about her.

"Corbs?" Jack sighed as he entered my room.

I groaned when I saw him. "What is the problem now?"

Jack sat beside me and took a breath. "I'm sorry for how that conversation went earlier. I hope you understand that we're protecting you."

"I don't need protecting. Jack, I'm twenty two years old. I can figure things out. If I felt like something was off I wouldn't let her into our lives. Maybe she'll be a good for us," I snapped.

Jack lowered his eyes and I knew I'd offended him. "If I need you, believe me I'll ask for your help."

"Okay," he said and I smiled at him.

"Don't worry," I assured him. "It's fine."

When Jack left and pulled out my phone and called Madison. "What do you need? I'm heading to work?"

"I don't know. Just needed someone to talk to," I mumbled and I heard a small chuckle on the other end of the line.

"I'm listening," she told me.

How was I going to do this without upsetting her? "If someone close to you kept warning you on something and you know the risks. What would you do?"

"It depends. Do you know that if you chose to go for it then there good be a good outcome and it could fix the situation?" Madison asked and I heard her car turn on.

"It could be more positive than negative," I replied.

"Just go for it. If it goes badly then you can admit that you were wrong," she said. "Things will turn out the way they should."

We talked for several more minutes before she had to actually hang up and start her shift. After the question, I'd asked her she was worried about me which was what had kept her on the call longer.

I got downstairs to find Zach and Jack cuddling on the couch as they watched a movie. Jonah was in the kitchen making himself some coffee while Daniel and Jasmine were at the table playing UNO. "Eben said yes," Jack said, not to even looking away from the television.

"Did you make a decision?" Jonah asked.

I nodded and joined him on the other couch. "I'm going for it."

"What was this decision you had to make?" the officer asked and I groaned.

"You'll just have to wait. Do you want the full story or not?" I snapped and the officer glared at me.

"Watch your tone," he said.

I rolled my eyes. "Well anyway..."