A Strange Day. Part 1

::Taehyung::

6 o'clock, Monday morning. The glare of the sun passing through the thin sheets of curtain that's supposed to be covering the wall of window beside my bed woke me up in an instant. Then I wonder why Mr. Sun hands over his greetings so early in the morning. Lately, it's always been like this. And it's quite annoying.

I'm starting to get used to this kind of living. I mean, this kind of life I'm in. It's been for how many years since I lived by myself. And this would be just a small thing they could offer for me. In the first look, this would be just an ordinary house, painted in white, and accented by large black-tinted windows. Yeah, it's a bit sophisticated though. But for me having this house on my own, all alone for the record, it's too much. The thing is, this is the simplest thing Dad wants me to have. He's a bit persistent. The story behind this is that, he originally bought a mansion for me. And I refused to accept it. This happened when I turned 18. I've been in the care of the Kim Family since I was 12. Well, the Kim is my father, my biological father.

I was once an orphan. And Eunhi-eomma took care of me since then. She's been a great mother for me. She told me that my mother is a friend of her, describing how pretty my mom was during their younger days. But she never knew how my mother met Dad, so she doesn't know.

The story is, my mother died when I was born. And I have long accepted this fact. I never met mom, but I love her. And I love Eunhi-eomma too. So, just before my birthday, the Kim Family found me telling me I was the long lost son of Kim Daehyun. It says it was all written in the diary of my mom that she was pregnant before leaving the mansion and Dad. I still don't know the story behind this, but honestly, I couldn't care less. Maybe yes, it's a mistake of the past, and there's nothing I could do about it. And so when they found out about this, they started searching for me. I was just a small kid, and back then, I honestly don't know what to feel. They did a DNA test on me and Dad, and to their surprised, it matched. I am none other than, Kim, Kim Taehyung, the son of Kim Daehyun, a very high profile man and one of the leading businessman of South Korea. But, on the other hand, I really never wanted to get separated from Eunhi-eomma. We talked on regarding this matter, saying that she never want to ruin the chance of me to meet my father. She said that my father has the right for the time that was stolen from him to have me in his care. We even cried for this. I seriously can't stand the fact of leaving Eunhi-eomma alone, since it was always the two of us together.

"I can't be a mother and a father for you at the same time. You know that right? This is the chance you've been waiting for..." she said, in a strong yet teary tone.

I remember, my face was all swollen, crying. "You'll grow as fine man, Taehyung. Believe me. And when that happens, you'll have to show me how you've grown, okay?" she even told me that if I stay with her, I'll make her the bad person, for keeping me around.

So I was convinced, and promised to visit her all the time. That's how my life's been through. Dad really took good care of me. The years of my stay in the main mansion was all good. The housekeepers were all nice. Even the chef's cooking are all good. But Eunhi-eomma's still the best. And there I met Aunt Hyorin, my dad's 2nd wife, which makes her my step mom. I wouldn't say she's a bad person, but there's always the feeling that she might not want me around. I don't know. And she has a son. My hyung who I seldom see. Right now he's out of town to take care of some of our family business. And there's dad. But I rarely see him. He's always busy, I know. Such a man like him, I respect that. I even thought of becoming like him someday. But that's way too far. Before, he can still manage to take time during day offs to have me around, making sure that we can eat lunch and dinner together. But recently, it's been very hectic for him. We can't be together even in holidays. Well, I do understand that. And it's not like I regret it or I have thoughts that this could've been the wrong decision.