The Wicked King

::Taehyung::

"The angels have long forsaken humanity"

It was quoted in the book Jungkook lent me just the other day. He told me he'll be busy for the time being and gave me this book so I could kill time by myself. Actually, I'm not particularly good with books but Jungkook recommended this so I tried to give it a shot. It was interesting so far... but kinda creepy. It's been two days since I started reading this, and every chapter of this book leaves me thinking so much it could corrupt my brain. Jungkook isn't even coming out from his library since then. I wonder how he's doing.

I closed the book and put out my phone. I've been practically stuck here for ages now, but I want to stay where Jungkook is. I'm just worried how the company's doing and even eomma, I haven't sent her a word since I last talked to her, so I thought I might give her a call.

"Aish! There's no signal?" I hissed, then started to walk out of the room to look for a place where I could catch network signal.

It seems like I really have to go outside. There's not a single signal coming out no matter where I roam inside the manor. I walked outside and went to the glass garden at the back of the manor. Finally!! I dialed eomma's number right away. She answered within seconds.

"Eomma!" I excitedly said the moment I heard her voice.

[Eunhieeee] "Oh my Taehyung dear!"

"Eomma!"

[Eunhieeee] "What!? You keep on repeating yourself."

"He-he. I missed you."

[Eunhieeee] "Aish this kid. So, why call now? It's been forever you know? How's my Taehyung doing?"

"Well. I'm good. You know. Same old, same old."

[Eunhieeee] "Hmm... Same old my ass. Haha. How's you and your friend?

"Ah! Yeah we're... we're good."

[Eunhieeee] "That's my son! You better introduce that friend of yours to me before you hit on her, okay?!"

"Yah!"

[Eunhieeee] "Hahaha. I'm serious."

"Yeah, yeah. Seems like you're okay to me."

[Eunhieeee] "You bet! Stupid son. Haha."

"I know, I know."

"I love you."

[Eunhieeee] "Drama."

[Eunhieeee] "I love you too, dear"

"Yeah I love— Ju—Jungkook?"

[Eunhieeee] "Huh? Ju? Wait! Tae!"

I ended the call instinctively and slowly put my phone inside my pocket. I'm surprised shocked. I just saw Jungkook standing right there, outside. Staring at me. It caught me off-guard. Before I could mutter his name, he already walked away. I don't know. I don't know why I felt scared. I couldn't even move my feet. What is that murderous intent coming from him? Did I do something wrong?

I'm still trembling but I forced my way to chase after him. It's not like I did something wrong, so why am I feeling this way? Or perhaps I did? But I don't understand. I started to slow my pace down as I approach the door to the manor. I stopped right in front of the door. I gulped. Thinking of how should I face Jungkook.