Chocolate Kiss

::V::

It's a bit blurry. But as far as I remember, it's near from late, my orange-colored hair blends in the surrounding. I wandered off around as I was having a small fight with eomma. I'm one hell of a stubborn kid. I know I should've left home. Eomma must be worried.

As I go along, I walked my way to a nearby playground. There I saw a kid not so familiar from my sight. He was sitting on the swing, like the weight of the world is in his back. I watched from afar, wondering he might've the same problem as I am. Not so long, a bunch of kids of my age approach the poor boy, and I was pretty alarmed.

"Hey brat, why are you here? Don't you know this is our territory!?" The bigger kid exclaimed.

"..." the poor boy did not utter a word. It's as if he's not paying attention.

"Huh!? I can't hear you?" said the bigger kid.

Silent treatment, I thought.

"You kidding us, huh!!?" One of the bigger kid is shouting in annoyance. He pulled the poor boy, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

Holy shit, he's in fucking danger.

It was on a reflex, but I rushed myself over them.

"Get ready to be beaten up, brat." As the kid aims to punch the poor boy, I managed to intervene and pull the poor boy.

"Huuuuhhh!? If it wasn't V?" the bullies said.

I'm kinda infamous around this neighborhood. V is what most people here call me. They say it's because I'm a violent kid. No I'm not! Screw that shit. It's just victories' always in my favor whenever I caught myself in a fight. FYI, I'm not the trouble maker. And speaking of, I might get in trouble here... or maybe it's the other way around. 

"You guys gone low to hit on a small kid, do you?" I said in a mighty manner.

"Huh!? Are you looking for a fight, huh V?" they said, as if I could be threatened.

"You know that brat?? He's just so annoying we have to punish him!" the other bully said as he points his finger to the poor boy.

I, on the other hand, gently pushed the poor boy away, shielding him from these assholes.

Not so long, I caught myself up in a rumble brawl with them. I stumbled, as they try to dominate me with numbers. But I quickly got back on my feet and prevailed, I'm quite strong you know. Well, I'm not bragging okay? And don't think so badly of me, I just knew some kind of self-defense... from the extra class Mon-hyung and I attend from school. It's taekwondo. Anyway, I think I already beat the hell out of them enough for them to retreat.

"We'll get back at you!" they said as they run their asses out of my sight.

"Tsk." I hissed. Bastards.

Luckily, they still managed to leave a cut on my lips. Great! But that doesn't matter. I turn around and look at poor kid in concern. He's looking at me the same way, but not in a concerning look, rather a wondering one.

"Aren't you going to thank me? I saved your ass just now?" I said while wiping my face with the back of my hand.

"..."

Just like earlier, he did not speak. Instead, he sat again on the swing, like nothing happened.

"Yah!" I almost screamed. "How rude can you be!?" I asked.

Well, it's not like fighting and getting a little hurt matters. It's just... I kinda wanted to talk to him.

"I'm sorry." He mutters. I was... a bit shocked. So he can really speak huh, I thought.