Chapter | 1

- our end is not here, wait for me.

Blood trickled down my hands, tears fell down my face, and the pain in my chest felt more real than ever. It wasn't the first time I had a dream like this, it had happened a few times. At first I didn't give it much importance, but they started to repeat themselves frequently, which ended up turning it into something that intrigued me, I wanted to know more, I needed it.

But I didn't have much time to think about it, I had to get up. As the eldest son of a family that owned a filmmaker's agency, I didn't have many choices other than inheriting the company. I've always been very interested in cinematography, but I don't think I ever wanted to be an actor, at least not that I know of.

Although I didn't like to wake up early, following the movement at the Agency was interesting. People running around with cameras, rehearsal rooms for their own series, people signing and breaking contracts. But that's all I do, one hour, it seems to lose its magic. I no longer wanted to get out of bed just to observe other lives, I wanted to have mine.

My life.

I don't think I had much time to think about what I wanted to be, as an only child, I was my parents' only option. But I really don't want to think about it right now, at least for a while, my life is going well like this.

After a while, I went to greet my parents. My dad wasn't the easiest kind of person to live with, but he's been kind to me all my life, in his own way, I guess. My mother is like an example to me, she is so strong, so amazing. From what I've seen of her stories, her life was never easy, from my grandmother's death to her own stepfather's abuse. but today she is here, with her head held high, struggling to make each day better.

What I find interesting about their relationship is that, even with over 3 decades of marriage, she still looks at my dad the same way. I often wondered if something like that would happen to me, but I think the answer is clear...

no.

Despite having witnessed scenes as declarations to me, I didn't feel anything sincere, ever. Many people find me very shy and closed off, but I feel like I just haven't found anyone with whom I can truly express myself. On top of that, I think it's better to have few but real friendships than lots of "friends" with whom I may not even feel comfortable. And that was why i had only 2 close friends, Jun Woo and Dong Yeon. But despite the small amount, they made me a happier person. At least I forgot my thoughts and inner confusions being by their side.

The only conversation that me and my parents had for the entire breakfast boiled down to a "good morning" or questions like "did you sleep well?". Apparently nothing new had happened in our business. I decided that I didn't have much to do but go with my routine. I wrapped the camera around my neck and left the cell phone in my pocket. On my shoulder, I carried a small backpack with some notes, ideas and something I considered drawings, but anyone would say it was just random scratches.

Personally, I didn't like to get around by car. My mother even insisted for a while asking me to go with my driver to ensure my safety, but I refused. I just liked to walk alone, listening to some kind of music along the little path that separated my house from the headquarters of my work, if that's what I call it.

- Good morning mr song. - Some security told me as I entered the building. Despite having already told them to end these formalities, I gave up after a while, there was no way to insist. I just bowed and greeted them. Entering the building, I talked with some employees until I reached Director Yang's office.