Chapter | 13

Several times I tried to fall asleep, but I couldn't.

I moved on all sides of my bed, trying to close my eyes and rest, but it was impossible.

I shouldn't have been feeling so nervous, but that's how things were going.

It didn't take me long to realize I was liking him, which in my mind, maybe it was not a good thing.

I was afraid of deceiving myself.

But I didn't like to think about it at that time, so I just tried to calm down.

I left the room on my way to the kitchen to drink a glass of water, but stopped when I saw someone lying on that makeshift bed.

Joong Ki seemed to be sleeping peacefully while my thoughts were racing. But somehow I calmed down.

If it was strange for me to think that one day I would even be able to enter the pagliuzza, being friends with the presidents' son was impossible to imagine.

But on the one hand, I didn't see him that way anymore.

Now, I saw him as a normal colleague, kind, funny and maybe very handsome, but who managed to cheer me up and make me feel and experience amazing things and feelings.

Joong Ki was without a doubt someone who filled my heart with good things.

After all, I drank water and went back to my bed, where I could rest for the rest of the night.

|
|

- so what are your plans for the future?

He asked me as we crept outside the castle, being as careful as possible that no one recognized me.

- It's not like I have many options.

I laughed to hide my sadness.

- All I can do is get married and live in the castle until the last days of m life.

- Come on, think out loud, don't be so pessimistic. Let's see it another way, what would you like to do if you weren't a princess?

That question hit me. Despite the luxurious life in the castle, I sometimes wished I wasn't part of the royal family.

I wanted to live my own life.

- You know, I'd like to travel the world.I know that in a place in the west, I believe Italy is the name, it has a leaning tower.