Chapter | 14

After spending time at the restaurant, Ji Hyo started insisting on going to the amusement park close to home, which I ended up leaving.

- Woah, it's too big!

- What do you want to do now Jiji?

- That one!

Joong Ki and I were holding JiHyo's hands. As we walked around the place, she pointed to an ice cream vendor.

- Do you want ice cream? What flavor?

- Strawberry!

- Do you want one too, Beenie?

- Oh no thanks.

- Okay, I'll buy your ice cream.

- Thanks!

While Joong Ki was shopping, Ji Hyo pulled me by the arm, making me bend down and hear what she wanted to say.

- Auntie, your husband is very nice! Can I see him more often?

Husband? Where had she gotten that from?

- But Ji Hyo, he's not my husband.

- It's just that you were in the same house, so I thought you were married...

That little girl was so cute that I could barely laugh despite being a little worried inside. Surely Miri would fill me with questions later.

- No my dear, he's just a friend. But don't worry, you'll still have other opportunities to see him, okay?

She nodded and for a moment I thought about the word I just said, friend.

Deep down I knew that for me he wasn't just a simple friend.

He suddenly arrived with two ice creams in hand, one for himself and one for Ji Hyo. So, we continued our tour.

While Joong Ki and Ji Hyo went on every place in the park, I took pictures of the two having fun. But I also went on some rides, for example the roller coaster, one of the best places for me as I liked to feel like I was flying at high speed.

As soon as I got back, Joong Ki asked me how I managed to get out of there without being completely freaked out, I laughed.

- Sometimes it's good to take a risk, the view from up there is amazing!

- Well, the view from here is good too. Look at this trees and flowers, so beautiful!

- One day you will come with me to see all of this from up.

- I want to go too, auntie!

- You're still too young for that, Jiji, but when you get older, I'll bring you here with me and Auntie Yeo Been, okay?

- You promise?

- I promise.

After sitting on a bench for a while, Ji Hyo fell asleep with her head on my shoulder.

- Oh, she slept. She must be tired.

- I think so, it's time to go home too. There she can rest for a while and then we're off to her birthday.

- All right, let's get a taxi.

I grabbed the backpack and purse from the bench while Joong Ki carried Ji Hyo, who was sleeping on his shoulder.

- Beenie, you did well today.

- Yeah, apparently it's going better than I expected. Thank you so much for being here with me today, I don't know what would happen without you.