Chapter | 12

"It is like feeling butterflies flying in your belly.

Seems to be a breeze of enveloping air on a hot day."

I've heard many stories telling the same thing, but feeling them was totally different. It was just so good.

At the moment, I didn't really care what that feeling might be.

I was totally lost.

She was so close to me that all I could get were her eyes shining.

All I could hear was a heartbeat, not sure if it was mine or hers.

Before I even noticed, my hand was slowly reaching her cheek, which didn't even seem to be surprised. It was as if everything was too natural, as if it was all just normal for both of us.

But a doubt possessed me.

what would happen if i got a little closer?

My heart spoke louder than reason at that moment. I wanted to get closer.

But did she want too?
Was this a good time?

I was very close to put an end to the doubts that were consuming me more and more.

Almost.

Maybe it would happen, if not for the noise of the door opening along with the footsteps of an employee practically screaming.

- Yeo Beena, we're going to open the cafeteria, are you already...

Before the girl could complete the sentence, her surprised face was already highlighted on her face.

I quickly took my hand away from Yeo Been's cheek, who in turn pulled away as quickly as possible and tried to hide it, but failed.

- Oh, I didn't know that...

- Well, no... You don't need to know anything. We just know that the cafeteria is about to open and that we have work to do, don't we?

- Well, yes.

- Great then, let's get going.

Yeo Been-ssi closed the door without even looking back, making me just sit on one of the benches and think about what had happened.

My heart was beating fast, while my mind could only rewind moments ago.

Her eyes directed to mine.
Her face closer than it ever was.

Despite everything indicating that something else could have happened, I was already happy with that.

Maybe just then I realized that yes, I liked her.

Romantically or not, her company was amazing, and I didn't want to miss it.

I found myself smiling again until I realized it was time for work.

|
|

To be honest, the first day had been tricky. I didn't know how to do it.

I tried to do my best, but several times I had to ask the attendant at my side, Sae Beom-ssi, for help.

Between one customer and another, I'd look at the main hall, which was completely busy, and the one who seemed to be busier still was Beenie.

She walked everywhere, sometimes with trays full of orders to be delivered or cups and plates being returned to the kitchen.