Chapter | 15

The weekend arrived, it was Saturday. Yeo Been ssi had invited me to meet her mother that day and I was more nervous than usual.

For the first time in years I was confused about what to wear.

Suit? Too formal.
Short and Shirt? Too normal.

Honestly, I didn't even understand my nervousness, it wasn't like I was going to meet my mother-in-law or a business owner.

It was just Yeo Been's mother, the mother of a friend.

After all, I ended up wearing the usual black cardigan with a shirt and pants.

When I arrived at the hospital, Yeo Been was already in the room with her mother. I walked in with no idea of what would happen later, but I hoped it was going to be well.

- Hello ahjumma. My name is Song Joong Ki. Nice to meet you.

- Oh come on, you don't need all that. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, my boy.

- How are you ms?

- Well, I'm recovering. Getting stabbed isn't something that happens every day.

I smiled as I looked at her. I quickly realized that Yeo Been was very similar to her in terms of behavior and no doubt in appearance.

- I'm relieved to see your recovery.

- You know, Yeo Beena spoke very well of you.

- Mom, don't exaggerate, it wasn't...

- I'm glad she only told the good things.

- And there are bad things?

- Taking into account that I almost set her house on fire, for sure.

Beenie and I looked at each other for a while and she just laughed, while her mother didn't seem to know the story.

- Yeo Been-ah, you didn't tell me that.

And with that, an entire afternoon passed in the blink of an eye. We talked for a long time until it was time for me to leave. My father had scheduled a meeting with pagliuzza employees about the opening of the TV channel and I should be present.

- Well, I'm sorry Ms. Jeon, but do I have to go yet.

- Oh really? Can't you stay any longer?

- Don't insist mother, he said he has some matters to resolve with his parents.

- But don't worry, I come to visit you more often.

- How great then! When I'm fully recovered, I'll ask you to dinner at my place.

- I'll look forward to it. Until later.

- Take care!

We left the room and went to the hospital entrance, where the movement of people was less.

- Joong Ki, first of all I wanted to apologize to you if my mother said something inconvenient or...

- There's nothing to worry about Beenie, our conversation was great. I loved spending this afternoon with you.

She smiled and I smiled back. We stayed like that for a few seconds until she spoke again.

- You know, to be honest I've been thinking these days and... I need to make a decision. I can no longer spend my days as if I have nothing to worry about.

- What worries you this time?

- Everything. So many responsibilities have fallen on me for some time now that I sometimes feel lost. The work, the rent, my mother in the hospital and the expenses here, it's a lot, you know?