Chapter | 16

I was so happy.

All the wait had been worth it.
Because now he was there, in front of me, with the most radiant smile in the world, and I couldn't stop admiring him.

Those bright eyes and awkward smile had been my safe haven during those difficult months.

I felt so calm with him.
It was as if I had attained my peace.

We were standing, hugging each other. Away from the people inside the hall with their own personal matters. But that was our business.

- You know... - He started to speak without moving away. - If you hadn't done this today, I would have had to find a way to kiss you as soon as possible.

- Since when are you like this? From what I know of you, you wouldn't have had any reaction tonight.

- It might be. But if you had told me it was going to be this good before I would have tried it much sooner.

I laughed out loud, still with my arms around his back.

- You know Beenie, I love to see you laughing like that. I've always loved.

- And I love hugging you, spending time with you, everything. Honestly, for me this party would have ended. so we could spend more time together.

- But we haven't even gotten to the interesting part of the event yet.

- Event where I will be officially announced as an actress? It is true.

- What happened? Until yesterday you were so excited for this.

- But now I'm just nervous. What if the public doesn't accept me? And if everything goes wrong and...

- You don't have to worry that much, huh? I'm sure everyone will fall for your charms and end up loving you, just like I do.

- Oh lord, if you keep talking like that I'll be totally unused.

He smiled and came over to kiss me again. I could have sworn that of all the kisses I've ever had, his was the best and the most passionate.

After a while, they announced the start of the second part of the party. Everyone started to go to their assigned seats.

- See you soon. - Joong Ki whispered in my ear right before going to the front row.

I looked around for my seat and luckily it was right next to Miri.

- Hello missing, do you still remember me? I'm Miri, your best friend, that person you don't abandon. I think you forgot about it since it suddenly disappeared.

- Miri, stop kidding. I know I've disappeared, but it was for a good reason.

- I wonder what reason that would be...

- Soon you will know.

Pagliuzza finally went live.

- Hello everyone! Welcome and, first of all, I want to thank our employees for coming today. Know that without you, none of this would be possible.

After a long speech from Director Yang, the special performances began. Some artists and bands attended. I made a point of trying to enjoy the show, but whether I wanted it or not, I was nervous.

Suddenly, Mr Song appeared.

It was ironic to think that I knew his son so well, but i'd never even saw his face.

Joong Ki didn't look like his father. No, anyway. That man had an air of immense authority that I had never seen before.

Maybe it was just my impression.

- The main event of the night has arrived. I wanted to announce that we at pagliuzza already have our schedule. Starting tomorrow, we will have entertainment programs and, after a few months, our first soap opera will air.

My heart could only beat fast. I gripped Miri's hand tightly, trying to reach some comfort, but nervousness was consuming me. And hearing Director Yang's voice only made my situation worse.

- It is with great pleasure that we announce the preview of "The Legend of Flowers", starring Jeon Yeo Been, Kang Chae Min and Kim Jae In as the main cast.

I wondered if I had heard correctly.
I recognized that name.

Jae In. Kim Jae In.

Could it be that it was the same Jae In I knew? The one from my childhood?

No, it was probably a mistake. I was going to do that with Joong Ki.

I waited a long time for it to be announced that it had been an erto, but nothing happened.

nothing.

As soon as the break started, Joong Ki approached where I was sitting.

- Joong Ki. Do you know what is happening?

- I didn't understand either, but there's no way to talk to anyone now. By the way, I have no idea who Jae In is. Do you remember seeing him?

It wasn't him.
Certainly not.

Jae In had been in an accident with his parents Years ago, I never heard nothing about him in years.

Was it possible that he would suddenly appear, in the same place as me?

No. No way.
This is not a book.

- No... I have no idea.

We went back live.

- We have another news. To close the event, we want to announce that one of our actors will travel to the United States in order to expand our Agency.

More surprises? That event had become a joke. Looking around me, everyone seemed to be as confused as I was.

- Song Joong Ki will spend a season working in American studios. Congratulations, Joong Ki.

The audience hesitated before clapping. Me, I didn't know how to react.

He would leave.

Leave. Go away.

»»»»

Author Notes -  I apologize for the delay. My whole family got sick this vacation.
I'm better.

I'm back now! Take care. until the next chapter. ❤