Chapter | 2

- Can we stay together a little longer? - I asked holding his hand as we walked together along a path covered with cherry blossoms.

- I could spend the rest of my life with you. - He answered me in a playful tone, but at the same time sincere.

I had a smile on my face, apparently so did he. We were happy, and together. During all these weeks dreaming of the same person, I believe that this had been my vaguest dream. There was no context, no information that I could pull out to find out who was by my side during all those sleepless nights.

But I think I kinda liked that, at least a little. Whether I knew about the person's identity or not, I felt less alone when I dreamed of him, it was as if, for the first time in my life, I felt loved.

However, the more I think about it, the more I'm sure I'm crazy. Ever since I started having these dreams, I felt obliged to find out, someday, who this person was. Why did the dreams feel so real? I really had no idea.

I looked over to the side of my bed and looked at my alarm clock. SHIT, I WAS TOTALLY LATE! I got up and started to get ready quickly, today was without a doubt one of the most important days for me. I was part of a small theater group called Jipuragi, but the group dissolved. For a long time, I've been looking for an offer or something, and all of a sudden, this opportunity falls out of the sky for me, it was like a blessing!

I was already totally late, so I decided that waiting for public transport would be impossible, I had to go running. My bag was full of papers, notes and for some reason, candy. I prayed that nothing fell in the way of my long run. On my wrist, I wore some bracelets, including one that was like my lucky charm, I didn't take it off for nothing. It had lotus flower designs with some purple embellishments. I don't really remember where this bracelet came from, but I know it was with me for everything.

When I arrived at the building, I immediately searched for the venue. The sound was loud and clearly there were already many people in the room. I tried my best not to attract attention, but I failed miserably. I rushed into the room, and managed to count about 10 people looking at me at the time.

When I turned my face away, I ended up meeting my eyes with someone else's. A guy probably my age was looking at me and for some reason, it seemed like we knew each other. The moment was brief, but it ended up sticking to my mind.

In fact, whoever this guy was, he was very handsome, I must admit. But that didn't really matter at the moment.

I looked for an empty place to sit and luckily got it. I followed the director's speech up to a point. I started looking for my bracelet to ask her luck, but I was startled.

That wasn't there.

Where had I left it? Maybe it fell off. Doubts swirled through my mind until I heard my name being called on stage. It took me a while to think, until I realized I had won! The vacancy was mine! I walked up to the stage with the biggest smile in the world and more excited than I've ever been in my life.

After a while, the event ended, but I remained in the room looking for my bracelet. People were leaving, until the only people who remained in place were a crew dismantling the stage, director Yang, me and one more man, that man. I kept looking until I heard a voice calling me from behind.