Chapter | 7

I said I wanted to ignore it, but was really complicated. It was as if I remembered every detail of that outfit, of that person. As I thought further about why that feeling kept coming back, my heart beat faster.

Maybe it was the anxiety. That nervous feeling you get when you can't remember something or someone.

But maybe it wasn't just me. He was looking me deep in the eyes too, and for a moment I thought he might be just as confused as I was.

Well, it was just a maybe. I couldn't put things in my head thinking he might know something, in fact, we had practically just started to get along with each other. As I desperately pleaded for my heart to return to normal, I could see the seo jin coordinator looking at me in wonder. For the costume, being specific.

After a long day of conversations and ideas, it was time to leave. I gathered my things and sat at the bus stop and sat at the bus stop. As it was night, I would rather pay for transportation than walk home.

I sat in an empty chair in the back. As the bus remained open, I could hear someone shouting, asking to get on.
It was Joong Ki.

- Oh, hello sunbaenim, I didn't expect to see you here.

He smiled and asked if he could sit beside me, I agreed.

The bus started and we spent most of the time in silence. Until I decided to break the silence.

- Joong Ki ssi?

- Hm?

He turned his gaze to me for a question. I wanted to ask. Really wanted. It was my opportunity to end that feeling, or at least find out if it was my mind. But I wouldn't do that.

I didn't know why, but something told me maybe this wasn't the time to ask that. I decided to change the subject quickly.

- You, uh... Want to listen some music?

What a stupid question to ask. He looked at me confused and I showed him the phone. Again he just smiled and we started listening to something random from my playlist.

That little trip was so normal that I felt like I was traveling with a friend. I was by the window, watching the movement of cars, people walking back and forth on the streets of Seoul. It was even funny to think that everyone there had their own life, their own problems and purposes, as well as the man beside me.

He was leaning his head back against the seat of the bus, his eyes closed, just seeming to enjoy the music.

To be honest, everything about him was kind of unforgettable. After all, if I knew him, I would at least remember, wouldn't I?

After a while, all that silence ended when Joong Ki ssi said something.

- Is your house near here Yeo Been ssi?

- Oh, a little bit. But I'm not going home now, I'm going to work.

He looked at me looking surprised, I just smiled slightly.

- Oh, you work at night?

- I work at a coffee shop nearby. It's next to a clothing store in my neighborhood.

- Oh, I see... - From his reaction I had come to a conclusion. He had never worked, at least part-time. Perhaps it was to be expected considering his entire family.

- But, Miss Jeon... - He keeps talking, still with his head back, but this time, looking into my eyes.

- Do you have plans to stop working at the cafeteria now that you've been hired?