Chapter | 4

I could only feel my body on the ground seconds later, but luckily I was still whole.

In the middle of the asphalt, the driver, a not-so-tall, half-bearded man, stopped suddenly and came to check on me. He looked relieved when he saw that I was fine.

- Oh, I'm glad nothing happened to you. Do you feel pain somewhere?

- No, please don't worry. - I spoke as I stood up, the man came closer to me.

- Oh, no, we can go to the hospital now if you want, I beg your pardon, really.

- No need, the lack of attention was mine, it was just a scare, I'm going. -     I thanked him and started walking.

After a few steps, I looked back again and saw the same thing, I seemed to know that man. His gaze didn't seem friendly anymore, he just stared at me as I went on my way.

But I was probably just crazy.

By the way, what were the chances of meeting two people I've never seen in my life and thinking I knew them?

Yeah, for sure I wasn't okay. As I walked, I laughed at the thought of it, but all my mood dropped as soon as I reached the front door.

My dad was waiting for me standing, sipping his coffee as he felt the breeze off the porch.

- Hello, dad.

- Hi, have a seat. - My father turned and sat in the armchair in front of the sofa I was on.

- What made you call me here? Something happened?

- No, nothing serious. In fact, I just wanted to apologize for not telling you about the event earlier. -

I looked at my dad surprised, had he really apologized? I would never have imagined such words coming from him, but I decided to not question.

- Oh, no need to apologize about that...

- But anyway, I heard that you were announced as my son at the Agency, should I punish Director Yang for that?

- No father, of course not. I'm fine, really. Sooner or later, they would know who I was.

My dad sighed, looking relieved. Apparently we had no more business to deal with. After a brief moment, I decided to cut the silence.

- By the way, where is my mother?

- I believe she's out there reading something.

- All right, then I'll be going.

I bowed and followed without waiting for an answer from my father. But honestly, why did everything feel so weird? Even my dad had a different aura, he looked calmer.

I went out into the garden, where my mother was sitting beside a small table reading a book.

My mom was the most amazing and calm person I've ever met. Despite being of a certain age, at times she still appeared to be a young adult.

She always listened to me and kept me company, maybe that's why I didn't feel so alone while living in that huge house. She looked at me and smiled happily. Before sitting down, I hugged her, and she laughed at that.