Chapter 1

Mihika's eyes stared at the girl sitting in front of her. She looked beautiful and happy on the outside, but only she knew how broken, she was on the inside. The makeup artists had done an excellent job of hiding her puffy eyes. Because it was very easy for anyone to know that she had cried the whole night without an ounce of sleep. But nobody understood her. Everyone expected her to be happy today, it was her wedding after all.

She was getting married to someone she had never met. Her father had announced it just yesterday and after that her life had turned upside down. At the age of nineteen, she was forced into getting married with the country's most feared man. The Don.

Arhaan Singh Ranawat, the don, had suddenly popped into her life. She had never seen him in person but still her father had arranged her marriage with him. Unfortunately, her father had made a mistake, a huge mistake for which Arhaan was hell bent on ruining him. And for that, he had chosen Mihika.

She still remembered last night clearly. They were all having dinner when her father came home and announced the big news. She was getting married to Arhaan in 24 hours.

She cried and protested,but it all fell on deaf ears. Neither her parents nor her brothers listened to her. Her hopes of them having a change of heart died the moment her father raised his hand on her. For the first time he hit her. She was treated as their princess, her whole life. But everything changed so suddenly. And everything because of Arhaan.

(This is not Mihika but you can imagine this as her wedding look

(This is not Mihika but you can imagine this as her wedding look.)

The door opened and her mother entered along with her Bhabhis.

"You look so beautiful Mihika. Kisiki nazar na lage." Her mother Sumitra said placing a spot of Kajal behind her ear.

(No evil eye should touch you.)

"You are right Maa. She looks absolutely gorgeous."
Her younger bhabhi Kriti said.

Everyone looked happy and were all smiling. They knew what situation she was in ,yet they were ignoring her pain. Mihika controlled the tears in her eyes. They were of no use now.

"Maa, Arhaan will be here any moment. You should wait downstairs with the Puja Thali. I will bring her down." Nisha, her elder Bhabhi said. She was the only one who understood Mihika. She had tried her best to convince her husband Raj but it was useless. The men were firm on their decision.

"You are right. Bring her down once the groom arrives." Sumitra said before leaving with Kriti.

As soon as they left, Mihika started crying her eyes out.

"Shhh everything will be fine Mihu. I am always going to be there for you." Nisha embraced the crying girl.

"I...I don't want to marry him bhabhi. I don't want to marry anyone. Why is Papa forcing me? Does he not love me?" Mihika said as she cried.