Chapter 13

The house was almost empty, as Arhaan had gone out, and the servants were in their quarters, resting in the afternoon. 

Mihika checked her bag of stationery one last time. Her college was going to start from tomorrow and she was very excited to go back. She had gained enough confidence to face the world again, thanks to Arhaan. 

The doorbell rang, and she thought maybe it was Arhaan. Things had changed between them now. Especially after the beach incident. 

She was seeing a new side of Arhaan, now a more romantic side. 

He wouldn't waste a moment without teasing her, or he would always find ways to touch her, even if slightly. 

He would kiss her anytime now, and she wouldn't resist. 

Mihika shook those thoughts away and slapped her forehead.

She rushed to open the door of the house. 

Her smile faltered, seeing her father standing in front of her. 

"Papa" She said his name with a frown. 

"Will you keep your papa standing now?" He asked her with a chuckle. She shook her head and invited him in. 

"How are you, my princess?" He asked, settling down on the couch. 

"I am fine but what happened to you?" She asked in confusion. These days, a proper conversation was impossible with her father. 

"What happened to me? Do I look old?" He asked, touching his slight greyish beard.

Mihika smiled at him and shook her head. 

"Not about your appearance, papa. How did you come here today?" She asked.

"I thought of visiting my daughter so I came. Is it not allowed?" He asked the last question in a sad voice, which affected her heart a little. 

"It's not like that it's just...-"

"Just because Arhaan and I are not in good terms doesn't mean I don't love my daughter. Mihika, I know I am not the best father in this world but trust me, I love you the most in this world. You are my baby girl, my princess. I will always love you and think about you." He said, keeping his hand on hers.

Mihika's eyes filled with tears knowing the truth of his words. She was always loved the most by him. 

"Papa..." She said, hugging her father. 

He kissed the top of her head lovingly. 

"I don't know what the future holds for us, Mihika. But always know that your father is always with you." He said, blinking his tears away.

He missed his daughter a lot. He would have done a lot of wrong things with her, but he still was her father, and she was his little girl.

He left after a while and Mihika's mood was refreshed, after seeing him. She felt as if things were getting normal between them. 

Arhaan noticed the chirpiness in her activities the moment he came back. Her face had a different glow today and he was curious to know the reason behind it.

"Has something happened?" He asked as they were having dinner.

"Why?" She asked him.

"You just- You look extra happy today." He said with a small smile.

"I am happy because, Papa came to visit me." She said with a huge smile, but the smile on his face vanished after hearing that.

"What?!" His voice echoed in the dining room, making him flinch.