Chapter 7

The dusky birds flew across the sky, towards their cozy nest where their infants waited. Beautiful hues of orange and red covered the evening sky making the sea waves shine. 

Hot  vapours were coming out of the cup in Mihika's hand as she was lazily slumped on the small couch in the balcony. Her gaze was fixated on the roaring sea waves that were a few meters away from the mansion.

Five days had passed since her discharge and she was slowly blending in the new way of life. She had explored the huge mansion which had a library, a private pool and a home theatre. It was all she needed to spend her day. Sometimes she would spend her time in the garden where there were some new plants that she had never seen before. The servants were all surprised to see her behavior. She had also tried to learn cooking but after getting a cut on her finger, she was forcefully carried to her room by Arhaan.

Arhaan and her bond was developing gradually. He kept teasing her with nicknames and she would always have a sarcastic reply. She was learning about a new side of him. Whatever she had read or heard in the news about him, she realized were just one side of the coin. He was, in reality a very different person. She found herself laughing when she thought about how scared she was of him.

But she was also aware that his kindness and playfulness was only towards her. He would be the all time serious Hitler in front of others. 

At times she would ponder on the thought of her father's deeds. Whenever she looked at Arhaan her heart ached at the thought of his pain. His five year old self had been through so much. She would never wish for something like that for anyone.

She was currently sitting on her favorite spot in the mansion. It was a balcony that faced the sea behind the mansion. The view was amazing and peaceful, she loved the sound of sea waves crashing against the shore. She had planned a trip to the beach whenever Arhaan would be free.

Her phone buzzed breaking the silence. Her eyes widened seeing the caller ID. Her mom had not called her after that day but today she was herself calling her. Mihika answered the call immediately. 

"Mihika!" Her mother's soothing voice said. 

"Mumma! How are you?" Mihika asked with a smile.

"Shouldn't I be the one asking this? I know what happened."  Her mother's voice turned serious. She was trying hard to control her tears.

Mihika closed her eyes in shame. 

"I am sorry Ma." She whispered as a tear fell down on her cheek.

"What should I say? I wanted to be there for you but, your stubborn father doesn't let me come to you." Her mother's voice broke into sobs making Mihika's heart clench.

"Maa .... please don't cry."

"My baby did not wanted to live anymore and it is because of her own father. What should I do? I have failed as a parent, as a mother. I couldn't protect you my child." Sumitra cried her heart out. 

"Shh Maa I am fine now. I am in good condition and you don't have to worry anymore." Mihika assured her mother. 

"I won't believe until I see you in person." Her mother said sternly.

"But how is that possible? Papa will never accept this." Mihika was concerned.  She was dying to meet her mother but he knew her father very well.

"I have planned everything. He will not be able to say a word." Her mother said with determination lacing in her voice.

"What are you planning to do exactly?" Mihika asked curiously.

"I talked to your Dadi."

"What?!" Mihika shrieked. Her Dadi was one person who never obeyed Dhanraj. She would always challenge him and do whatever she pleased. Whenever Dhanraj would deny them of anything, the family members would rush to their grandmother who then threatened Dhanraj with her stick.