Chapter 3

Mihika walked down the stairs along with her two Bhabhis. She stopped in front of her brothers. They were looking down not able to meet her gaze. She didn't feel like saying anything to them and moved forward to her mother.

"Mumma!" She cried hugging her mother who was weeping her own tears of sadness.

"Mera baccha. Always remember, your mother is always there for you." She said caressing Mihika's head.

Her father didn't utter a word and stared ahead of him with a serious face.

She went to her father but he did nothing that showed his remorse or his sadness.

Arhaan was looking at the entire scene. He felt really angry at her family. They could at least say a better goodbye.

He had just announced in the media about his marriage to Dhanraj's daughter. The fools, Dhanraj and his sons were celebrating this as their victory. But they didn't know what was coming their way.

"Let's go." Arhaan said walking towards his bride.

She was still looking at her father without moving.

Arhaan kept his hand on her shoulder to take her away but she refused to walk. Her eyes were glued to her father who was looking at her with a stoic face.

"Papa, I don't want to go anywhere." She said in a firm voice.

Her father sighed deeply and turned towards Arhaan.

"Take her." And with those words leaving his mouth, Dhanraj walked to his room ignoring the disappointment in his wife and daughter's eyes.

Mihika sobbed looking at his retreating figure. She couldn't believe he was the same father who completed her every wish. He was her hero but he had become the most vile character now.

"It's time we leave." Arhaan said taking her hand in his and pulling her with him.

He walked towards the door dragging her behind him. But her eyes still stayed looking behind at the direction her father went to. The hope of him stopping her was alive. But it soon crushed into pieces as they reached outside near Arhaan's car.

Bhairav opened the door for her to enter.

She saw the car and then glanced back at her house. With a heavy heart she sat inside the car. The door closed behind her and then Arhaan came to sit beside her.

She stared down at her fingers and the beautiful mehndi on her hands. Her life had changed completely in the last 24 hours. She had become Mrs. Mihika Arhaan Ranawat.

The entire ride Arhaan's eyes were glued at her. He observed her features carefully taking in all the details he could. The tears running down from her eyes and the sobs escaping her throat never stopped. He was never affected with someone's cries so much. He had heard people wailing in pain when he tortured them in his basement. But his heart couldn't listen to the sobs of this girl.

He looked outside once they had reached his mansion. It was night time already. The huge gates opened that led them to his mansion. Guards surrounded the whole estate with guns in their hands. There was a huge garden on both sides of the path with exotic flowers and trees.

But Mihika wasn't looking at any of it. She was still looking at her hands.

"We have arrived." The driver said stopping the car in front of the beautiful house.

Arhaan opened the door for her and gave her a hand to come out. She finally looked away from her hands to his face.

Hesitating slightly, she placed her hand in his.