Chapter 12

The warm water slid down her body, sensually, kissing every part of her milky white flesh.

Turning off the shower, she started drying herself with a towel, all the while looking into the mirror.

As if on its own, her hand went to her lips. Her swollen lips.

She could still feel his warm lips on hers. She was mentally still at that moment. It was her first kiss, and it was perfect. It was toe curling and sexy. 

"Why did you have to run like that?" She face palmed herself in anger. Her face was red in embarrassment. She still remembered the moment clearly. She had literally got up and ran away from him. 

"What must he be thinking now? Ugh, I am so stupid." She cursed herself more. The reason she ran away was not because she was angry, but because she couldn't dare to face him with the red face. She was confused, and not in her senses at that time. 

She had to take a shower to calm her nerves.  

But now she dreaded what was to come next. She couldn't bring up the courage to go outside. What would she say? What would he say? Her mind was filled with questions. 

Hesitantly, she left the bathroom after getting dressed up. To her luck, the room was empty. She sighed and thanked god.

She decided to spend the rest of the day in the room. She knew she was acting stupid, but she was scared. 

Arhaan was in a deep trouble now. He was getting restless. He took her act of running away as her rejection. Moreover, she hadn't responded back to kissing. 

"Fuck! I shouldn't have done that." He gripped his hair in frustration.

He thought that she didn't want him and that she must be hating him now. He loved the feel of her lips against his. It was another thing that he didn't regret it one bit. But her reaction scared him. 

"I don't think she will ever talk to me again." He sighed in defeat, sitting down in his chair.

He too, did not come out of his office the whole day. 

But as the night approached, he realized that they couldn't be like this forever. Someday or the other, they will have to face this. 

So, building up courage, he walked towards their room.  

The room was dark and he had to switch on the lights immediately. The first thing he noticed were the pillows and blankets that were thrown on the floor. His eyes moved to the bed where his wife was sitting, or more like sleeping with her laptop on her stomach and a bowl of popcorn on the side. Her eyes went wide as she saw him. 

Whatever he was expecting right now, it was definitely not this. 

He carefully walked towards the bed, making sure not to step on the pillows and blankets. His wife was a mess. 

She sat upright and kept the laptop away. If she was embarrassed because of the kiss, then now she felt all humiliated. She was going to get her periods soon and her mood swings had just started. She loved binge watching with snacks by her side. 

But she didn't want him to see her like this. 

"We need to talk." He said, folding his arms in front of his chest, and Mihika had to control her urge to gawk at his muscles. 

"Yeah Ofcourse." She said nervously playing with the hem of her shirt. More like, his shirt. It was one more embarrassment for her because she was wearing his shirt; only. 

His lips curled into a smirk, seeing her form. 

"I am sorry." He said much to her shock

"Huh?" She asked, not understanding why he was apologising.