Chapter 2

Arhaan stopped near the Havan Kund and glanced at the girl standing beside him. She was staring at the flames of the holy fire with tears. Ignoring the tugging at his heart he looked at the Pandit. "Start the rituals. And you better do it fast." He threatened the poor man who nodded and started the process.

"Please bring the garlands." The priest asked the family members.

Kriti brought the garlands and handed them to the couple with shaking hands.
She gestured Mihika to take them but she was still looking at the fire.

"Mihika!" She whisper yelled at her which made Mihika come out of her trance

"Mihika!" She whisper yelled at her which made Mihika come out of her trance. She glanced at the garlands and then at her soon to be husband.

His eyes threatened her, dared her to go against his wish. She finally held the garland in her hands and raised herself on her toes to put in on him. He bent down his head a little because of their large height difference. Everyone applauded unwillingly as he also exchanged the garland with her.

After that they sat near the holy fire and the priest started chanting the mantras.

Arhaan couldn't help but stare at the beauty sitting beside him. She was still lost looking at the fire. Everyone could see how broken she was.

"The bride should give her hand in the groom's hand now." The pandit said. Arhaan forwarded his palm towards her but she didn't move a limb.

Taking a deep breath, he took hold of her hand and placed it on his hand.

The softness of her hands surprised him

The softness of her hands surprised him. Thoughts of her soft palm on his body were enough to make him hard. He shifted in his position and tried to divert his mind elsewhere.

He saw Dhanraj looking at their joined hands in anger. His jaw was clenched and his hands bawled in fist. Arhaan smirked looking at him. His revenge was finally going to complete.

"Bride's parents please come forward for kanyadaan."
Dhanraj took a moment to come forward for the ritual.

He started doing everything according to the priest with his eyes glancing down. Not once did he meet the eyes of Arhaan or his daughter who was looking at him with a blank face .