Chapter 10

Mihika was packing her bag when her mother entered the room with an upset face. 

"Mumma, what happened?" Mihika asked her mother in a worried tone. 

Sumitra took her daughter's hands in her as a tear slid down her eyes.

"Mumma?" Mihika was anxious seeing her mother's tears.

"Two days passed so soon. I can't believe you are leaving already." She wept looking at her daughter. 

Mihika's own eyes were filled with tears hearing her mother.  She loved the time she spent with her mother and her grandmother in these two days. Her heart was heavy with emotions she couldn't express. 

As much as she wanted to stay here, there was something in her heart that wanted to go back. Go back to the man whom she had promised to return. She missed him, truly. 

Though she couldn't understand it right now, she had developed a habit of having his presence around. She liked talking to him, she liked his teasing, his nicknames and the way he would stare at her with an expression she couldn't decipher. His gaze that was the reason for butterflies in her stomach. 

She knew there was something happening between them, something was building up. She couldn't forget his protective arms that would wrap around her every night, or his consoling words whenever she was sad. Yes, he was the cause of her misery but he was also the cure for her pain. And she missed him terribly. All she wanted right now was to see him.

"Mumma, I will visit again. Why are you so sad? I will call you everyday." She said with an assuring smile, squeezing her mother's hand. 

"What are you both talking here? Come down  fast." Dadi came in the room and told the mother daughter duo.

"I was just telling her that how these two days passed so quickly. My heart is not ready to let her go." Sumitra said wiping a tear from her face. 

Dadi sighed as she herself got emotional. 

"I know you will miss her, we all will. But every girl has to go one day. And even if not now, one day Mihika was bound to leave the house. Why don't we say a goodbye with a smile? So far she is happy there and he hasn't troubled her too. So why are you afraid? Lets pray for her happiness." Dadi hugged her daughter in law who was still upset.

"I was thinking, why don't you stay for some more days?" Dadi asked Mihika with a hidden mischief in her eyes.

Mihika's eyes widened and she shook her head frantically.

"No-No. I can't stay anymore. I will have to leave today." Said Mihika in a hurry.

"Why? Don't you want to stay with your family? Or are you missing your husband?" Dadi teased and laughed seeing her red face. 

"Dadi!"

Sumitra smiled at her daughter who was a blushing mess. She said a little prayer in her mind for her daughter's happiness. 

"Accha Chalo, there is someone waiting downstairs." Dadi smiled at Mihika.

"Who?" She asked.

"You'll see." Dadi said with a knowing smile. 

"Arhaan!" Mihika screamed in shock seeing her husband siting on the sofa of her house.

Without realizing her actions she threw herself in his arms taking him aback. He hadn't expected such move from her.

He wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her hairs to finally smell his most favorite scent.

"I missed you." He said with a smile. He liked the closeness after spending 48 hours without her. His bed was cold and he couldn't sleep without having her in his arms. The house seemed lonely and dark. He realized that she was the light in his dark life, the happiness to his broken soul. Only she could mend his heart, make him feel his heart.