Chapter 6

A yawn escaped Mihika's mouth as she rested her head on the window of the car. She couldn't sleep last night on the hospital bed with her hand that was paining like hell.

"Why didn't you wake me up last night? I would have called the doctor. You should never hide your pain from me." Arhaan said, glancing at his sleepy wife who was yawning like a lazy cat.

"You were tired too. I did not want to disturb you." She said with her eyes closed.

Arhaan sighed and pulled her to himself. He placed her head on his lap and started caressing her hairs.

"What are you doing?" She struggled in his hold to get up, but he was a lot stronger than her.

"Stop struggling and sleep." He said in a strict tone making her shut her mouth and sleep.

"Satan." She muttered under her breath.

"I heard that." He said.

"Good for you."

He rolled his eyes at her reply but couldn't stop the soft smile from forming on his lips.

They soon reached the mansion and Arhaan came out of the car with his wife in his arms. She opened her eyes slowly at the commotion and glanced at her surroundings. Last night she couldn't see the house properly but now she was taking in the magnificent mansion.

"It's beautiful." She whispered looking at the house in awe.

They entered the mansion and the first thing Mihika noticed was the young man siting on the sofa. He turned to look at them hearing the footsteps. His eyes widened and he rushed to them.

"Suhagraat pe aise kya kiya ki Bhabhi ko sidha admit hi karna pada." He asked Arhaan whose eyes widened along with Mihika who had never been so embarrassed in her life.

(What the hell did you do to her on the first night that she had to be admitted?)

"Arjun shut your bloody mouth." Arhaan glared at him making him raise his hand in surrender.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to embarrass you Bhabhi. I am Arjun by the way, your husband's best friend." He said forwarding his hand for a shake.

"I am Mihika." She said forwarding her bandaged hand slowly.

Arjun looked at the bandage on her wrist and glanced at Arhaan who signaled him to keep quiet.

They shook their hands and then Arhaan carried her to their bedroom.

"You take rest now. I'll bring your lunch after a while." He said placing her on the bed, before leaving the room.

Arhaan walked towards Arjun who was standing in the balcony with a coffee mug in his hand.

"Did she really try something like that?" He asked with concern as soon as Arhaan came.

"Unfortunately yes. And somewhere I feel guilty about it. She is innocent but she is still a part of this game. I feel like I am punishing her for her father's deeds." Arhaan looked down. For the first time he was feeling bad for someone. For the first time he was guilty of something.

"I wont say that it isn't your fault. But you are only partially responsible for her condition. Her father did not object you even once. He agreed so quickly. He is a selfish man who doesn't love his own daughter." Arjun said keeping a hand on Arhaan's shoulder.

"He told her that she was dead for him now, he doesn't want to maintain any kind of relationship with her. His words triggered her to....to take such a step. I ended up telling her everything. I told her what kind of a man her father is."