Chapter 14

Arhaan regretted his rash behavior with Mihika now. He had continuously called her, messaged her, but she didn't answer any of it. He knew he had fucked up bad. 

Arhaan wanted to talk to her and ask for her forgiveness. He was restless because of the loss of contact with her. He wanted to explain his plight to her. Arhaan was now getting that she didn't deserve his anger. And Arhaan had no right to hurt her like that. But we often realize our mistakes after the deed is done.

He understood that calling her was of no use; he should just meet her in person.

So, he went to her college the next day. He was waiting for her in the parking lot when he saw his beautiful wife walking out of the enormous doors. She was speaking to someone on a call while her eyes searched the parking lot.

He took a step towards her when she suddenly ran towards a man standing with his car.

Arhaan frowned, looking at the two talking. The man was a stranger; he wasn't one of her brothers either. But she was talking to him like she knew him from a long time. He could see that she was sad, almost ready to cry. He wanted to comfort her, but before that the man pulled her into a hug.

Arhaan could literally hear the nerves in his neck pop in anger.

Who was this man and why was he comforting his wife? Was he a friend? Relative? Or whoever he was, he had no right to touch Mihika like that.

His anger doubled seeing how she relaxed and her mood turned better. The man made her sit in the car and they drove off.

Arhaan was seeing this scene unfold with a clenched jaw. Here he was trying to earn her forgiveness, and this stranger was getting all cozy with his wife.

He sat in his car and drove off to his office.

The moment he entered his office, Bhairav came to him with a file in his hand.

"Sir, these are the details of-" He was cut short as Arhaan snatched the file and opened it.

"Aditya Sinha, 25, lived in America, handles father's business, just returned to India, partnership with....Dhanraj Dhawan?" Arhaan said, looking at the file in shock.

"So Aditya is going to be his helping hand now?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

He tried to remember where he had heard this name. 

"Aditya Sinha...."He closed his eyes trying hard to remember, and then he did. 

Arhaan had gone to the USA to attend an event. A big company had recently signed a very important contract with Aditya Sinha. But in the middle of the party, Arhaan had gone outside to get some air where he saw a man forcing the daughter of the company's boss. He was quick to save her and punch the shit out of the filthy man.  

That man was Aditya Sinha, a certified pervert and playboy. He was known to ruin girls' lives. Aditya lost the contract, which was very important to him. 

Arhaan cursed under his breath. What was his so-called father-in-law up to?

Aditya was bad news. Arhaan knew his wife wasn't safe with that man.

Dhanraj's sudden visit to her house, Aditya going to her college and their business partnership. Everything suddenly made sense. 

Aditya was going to help Dhanraj, and it was no doubt something related to Arhaan. But why had they involved Mihika? What would Aditya gain from Mihika?- Mihika! 

Arhaan could feel his world stop as he realized, what their plan might be. His father-in-law was a douche and he wouldn't hesitate to bate his daughter.