Chapter 18

The same morning after the call, Billie had an agreement to speak to her lawyer in person to discuss the matter at hand which for her cannot wait any longer. She had dismissed every call that had to do with her soon to be ex-husband coming from anybody but her lawyer, especially about posting a bail for a temporary release. She didn't want anything to do with him. 

The woman couldn't bear a gram of thought about helping him in any way which for her was similar to supporting the wrong doings and actions made by a fully grown man who had a chance to think rationally but chosen not to. Not that William needed her help, she knew this man could pull any string in his hands and get himself out without her. He had people on his back no matter how gruesome he was and would willingly support him.

Later that morning, Billie Dean received a message coming from her only friend, Cordelia Goode. Smiling fervently down her phone Billie Dean wrote her back informing the other blonde that she would be there shortly. Their friendship was unordinary, a witch and a medium creating a special bond was atypical. Witches were fond of people but it was rare to be close to people with special abilities, specifically ones that commune with the afterlife spirits. Witches thought it was a crime to use it to lure ordinary people for money in exchange a very little communication from their loved ones who no longer walk among humans. For last few decades their kinds didn't mend well together but neither were enemies and friends but then Billie Dean and Cordelia's paths interjected.

When Cordelia heard that the medium was visiting her town long time ago prior to when Billie brought (y/n) with her in New Orleans, she didn't waste a second and sent her an invite for a dinner. In the beginning the sole purpose of this was to challenge Billie's ability, measure her, so she asked if Billie could reach out for her mentor who had long passed, Myrtle Snow then her very own mother, Fiona Goode. Unexpectedly, one thing led to another, both woman had more glasses of champagne and shots of scotch than they could take and even decided to continue it in Billie's hotel room.

These women may had a past together involving drunk sex, cigarettes, and a little bit magic (for sexual purposes) they still knew rationally better to evolve it into something less sexual and more into pure bond of friendship than just throwing it away. Their potential as friends could survive for a lifetime than being romantically together which could ruin either of them.

Dropping by to her apartment for a quick shower because she never had an opportunity for it earlier, Billie had herself ready just in time when she received another text coming from the younger woman. (y/n) was able to join them for lunch due to her professor who failed to attend her last subject and it appeared to be that there was no substitute at all.

Driving herself to the location, Billie's heart pumped faster at the thought of being around two of the most important people in her life. Quickly, after parking the car she took her sunglasses from her purse and wore it, concealing her appearance. She was met by the hostess upon entering the doors with a lively smile, "Reservation for Howard." The hostess didn't have to check twice, since Howard is a big name and seeing it was absolutely The Billie Dean, right way the woman directed her further inside to the reserved table for Billie and her company.

One of the seats were occupied by Cordelia Goode, on her part of the table was a glass of champagne, "I hope you don't mind that I got started without you." She teased the woman who elegantly took her seat opposite to Cordelia. They were then attended by the server, "Another of this, please-No actually we'll take the whole bottle." Complying the server took off immediately.

"So I heard. How have you been holding up?" Billie knew better than to lie to Cordelia who could practically read what was on her mind which was she playfully replied with, "Can't you just go in my head and skip this part of the conversation?"