Chapter 1

It was a bloody cold night in Los Angeles City, in the late hour of the night the city remained so much alive. In the balcony of your apartment, you sat there with your body wrapped in a knitted blanket that your grandma gifted you for your sixteenth birthday. Having her gone now added more sentimental value to it.

You sighed, feeling relaxed despite the cold biting on the tip of your nose. It was yet another night filled with genuine peace so you were trying to indulge it as much as you could in the simplest form.

At first you thought, college life was more of parties and fun stuffs, you'd get to do whatever you wanted. You live with your own rules but then the hype dissipated when realization hit you hard like a brick on your forehead in the midst of first semester.

So far, college life had nothing been but a constant pain in the ass with only four hours of sleep and if you were lucky then six. It was about the mornings you skipped your meal to be at school on time, the feelings of coffee coursing through your veins, about the restless night of doing tons requirements, spending so much money on books, finding it hard to keep up and wanting to drop out but then in the end of the day you would be rewarded with praises from people saying how good you were with the academics and how much they wished they were as smart as you.

If they only knew the hardships you went through, the sacrifices and tears...

Behind you was an almost empty place, just a couch in the centre a shabby rag underneath and a small television. The kitchen was just as bare as the living room but it didn't bother you because most of the day you were at school to actually see how pitiful it looked. During weekends you spent your time at the library tutoring students for extra money.

Multiple knocks from the door pulled you out of the depths of your trance, you weren't sure how long it took you to register the sound though because when you opened the door a very pissed looking woman was standing in front of you.

Clueless, you frowned as you looked down at the old lady "Um, may I help you Mrs. Gil?"

"Your cat ruined my rag young lady! You either pay for the dry cleaning or you clean it yourself." She fired back, clearly not holding herself. Her tone was a bit disturbing. Mrs Gil quirked an eyebrow, looking at you from head to toe before taking a quick glance behind you.

You knew what she did and it was insulting. Controlling your temper was hard but you had to, after all Mrs. Gil was an old soul who barely had any patience and since you were a lot younger she thought she could act so superior to you and taking advantage of the age difference.

"What are you saying Mrs. Gil, I don't own a cat." You said, as polite as you could but she only scoffed and crossed her arms around you. Shifting her bodyweight to her other foot.

"Oh quit the bullshit. I saw you petting the animal yesterday." Her nose flared with the sheer anger, and eyes squinting as if burning holes through your head. Damn, she was annoying.

"I'm not. I can barely feed myself thrice a day why would I get myself a cat? And that cat from yesterday wasn't mine, okay? Have a good night Mrs. Gil."

The door was practically closed but not near to being locked, her voice seeped through the small gap stopping you "Mrs. Gil, sorry to interfere but is there any problem I can help you with?" That voice. Absentmindedly, a smile tugged the corners of your lips. Quickly, you reminded yourself what day it was.

All the annoyance was washed up like an avalanche coming down, however, knowing Mrs. Gil was one nosy woman you put on a tough face. As much as you loved to pepper your "lover's" whole face with kisses and hugged her so close until her smell clung to your body, you kept ahold of yourself well at least until it was the only two of you, then you could unleash all the bottled affection for the woman.

"My rag got ruined by a cat's piss and this young lady here is denying that the cat is hers. I was just talking to her politely but she slammed her door on me, now tell me where's the respect nowadays"

Hearing that loud and clear, the switch turned on again. Pissed off, you readied yourself to make a clap back because well if that wasn't downright dishonesty you wouldn't know what that shit was. She was making you look like the bad guy. Where was the audacity coming from? Wanting to defend yourself you opened the door, sliding your body through and plastering a strained smile to your lips.

"Mrs. Gil..." you paused, dropping down the act and showing your grim expression, "for the last time. The damn cat is not mine and please don't spread your bullshits around. You were the one who came here with zero respect."

Well that was a powerful response that put an end to the argument. The poor old lady stepped back to her apartment slamming the door purposely, as if you cared about it.

"I didn't know this place has been hiding a gem. What's your name, dear?" You raised an eyebrow at her, a mischievous grin playing boldly on your lips. "It's, (y/n)." Absentmindedly, you bit on your lip, feelings Billie Dean's weighty gaze crawling on your skin.

After checking sideways making sure there was no witness, you launched forward almost tackling the woman down. Billie had been gone for two weeks, travelling from one place to another for her show.

"You didn't have to roast Mrs. Gil like that."

"Well it was her fault. I told her too many times that the cat wasn't mine and she kept on insisting that it was."

The audible opening of the door drew you back from the woman just on time, creating an appropriate space between the both of you. Whipping your head to the side, you were welcomed with William's set of blue eyes and wide smile upon seeing her wife. "Honey, you're back. You could've called me so I could at least pick you up from the airport. How was work?" he said walking toward his wife, passing you he gave you a nod acknowledging your presence.

You watched him intently as he pinned her to the wall and kissed her passionately. Billie had no choice but to take it rather than shoving him out of the way. The sight was hard to stomach, so you cleared your throat wishing it could separate their lips but it didn't work, unfortunately.

"I'm gonna go ahead now, Mrs. Howard, Mr. Dane. Have a fantastic night, you two. Don't break the bed."

"Oh, I can't promise you that. Have a good night, kid." Pursing your lips, Billie caught on the glint on your eyes. She knew in the back of your head you were stabbing knives into her husband's chest.

"I'll see you around, sweetheart." Nodding one last time, you saw how William slid his hand from the small of Billie's back down to her ass. Billie didn't make a big deal out of it because she knew your eyes still lingered on her but it was evident that she wasn't expecting that.

And oh, that made you want to vomit blood. Your long fingernails digging on your palms leaving crescent moon prints as soon as you drawn them out. The distant sound of their door closing pulled you out of trance and that was when you realized, Billie had gone off with her husband.

A/N: Updating this shit everyday coz i love spoiling u guys. xx.