Chapter 12

I spent the rest of the day alone in my bedroom, processing my thoughts. 

Did I want to be in a relationship with Liam? Was I ready for that?

I obviously couldn't talk to him about that, and I didn't want to burden Cynthia. 

So, I asked Skylar if she wanted to get coffee in the morning. She said yes, and we planned a meeting time and place.

When I was getting ready the next day, Liam wasn't even awake yet. I told Cynthia I'd be back later and headed to the coffee shop in town. 

I was so grateful to see Skylar there. I hadn't seen her in a while, and I SERIOUSLY needed some girl time. 

After we got our drinks, we walked across the street to a small park.

"Okay, I need to tell you something," I said, sipping my coffee.

"Spill."

"Yesterday, Liam kissed me!"

"What?! Are you guys a thing now?"

"That's what I wanted to talk about. I don't know if I want to be a thing."

"Does Cynthia know?"

"Of course not."

"Well...do you love Liam?"

"I...I don't know."

"You've always been the most indecisive person I know."

"Yeah, that's true," I admitted.

"I'd say you should pray on it," Skylar told me.

Ugh. She knew that I wasn't big on the whole Christianity thing anyone. 

Rummaging through her purse, Skylar pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me. It was a flyer for a women's Bible group entitled: Am I Too Busy for God?

"I thought you might be interested," Skylar said. 

"Thanks."

We didn't talk about Liam or Cynthia or God for the rest of our visit.