Chapter 2: New Haven

Y/N's POV

I am in my room, looking at myself in the mirror. I still have some blood on me, since we have working water, I was able to watch myself off. I am still looking at myself in the mirror. I look at my eyepatch, my bionic arm, and the shrapnel horn on my head. I was feeling pain on my arm.

Y/N: Mph...

I could still feel my real arm there, my real fingertips, it was the day the New Haven rescued me. I got bit, they cut off my arm and saved me. I had my eye shot out. And from the same accident that caused me to get bit, I had shrapnel get stuck in my head. It's connected to my brain, if it gets pulled out, it'll instantly kill me. The old leader of the New Haven died, I ended up becoming the new leader.

Y/N's thoughts: I should get my day started.

I leave my room, I walk outside. I see my soldiers walking around. One of them sees me.

Soldier: Morning, sir.

I nod at him. I see my right hand man.

Y/N: Hey, Rickie.

Rickie looks at me.

Rickie: Oh! Hey Y/N.

We bro hug. Rickie is an expert with weapons and hand to hand combat, he's the one who teaches the soliders, whenever I'm not.

Rickie: How'd you sleep?

Y/N: Not bad.

Rickie: Soldiers got nothing to do. Ever since we defeated the Abominations in the war, we've been living peacefully.

???: Yeah, we have.

We see my commander, Dawson.

Y/N: Hello, Dawson.

Dawson: Y/N.

He nods. Dawson is the guy if I'm not gonna make an order, I leave most of the authority power to him, after asking me first. He's also good in hand to hand combat and weapons. But not like Rickie or me. He's usually the brains of the New Haven as well.

Dawson: After we defeated the Abominations. There are no signs and sightings of their leader, Jason.

Y/N: Good, hopefully he won't bother us again.

Rickie: Maybe we should've killed him.

Y/N: Yeah, we should've, I wanted to, but my last chance to didn't work.

Dawson: At least most of his men were killed, the rest, we were able to make them change sides and join us to redeem themselves.

Rickie: There are also less walkers around too.

Y/N: You think Davis would be proud?

Dawson and Rickie both look at me. Davis was the old leader of the New Haven.

Dawson: He would. I know it.

Rickie: He would mostly be proud of you, you are a perfect leader. We wouldn't have won the war without you.

I smile.

Y/N: Thank you guys.

They nod. In the corner of my eye, I see a certain solider walking towards me. I look at Dawson and Rickie.

Y/N: I'll talk to you guys later.

I walk towards this certain soldier.

???: Hello Y/N.

Y/N: Hey Rose.

Me and Rose kisses each other.

Rose: How did you sleep?

Y/N: Not bad sleep, but you know...

Rose is my girlfriend, like me and Rickie, an expert fighter, she's better then everyone at weaponry, including me. She is perfect with guns, she can shoot targets from very far away. I can always count on her when it comes to gun work. She was there when Davis rescued me, we started talking and hanging out, and one thing led to another.

Y/N: How are you?

Rose: I'm doing amazing. Even though living peacefully is great, I do miss killing walkers at least, there's not that many of them now.

Y/N: Yeah, I know. But after everything we've all been through, I think we all deserve peace and quiet.

Rose: Yeah, I agree. I think you need the most resting.

She puts her hand on my check, near my eyepatch.

Rose: You've had it worse then all of us...

She looks down.

Y/N: It's not your fault I'm like this.

Rose: That shot was for me... but got in the way and saved me, but...

Y/N: It's okay... like I told you before, I still have one good eye. Besides, if it wasn't for you and Davis, I would've died on the day we met. You guys are the reason I'm still alive.

Rose: Yeah... you're right... you are always right.

I let out a chuckle. I then pull her into a hug, she hugs back.

Y/N: That's all in the past, what we need to think about is the future.

Rose stays silent.

Y/N: Since we are at peace... we could start a family, if you wanted.

Rose then looks up at me.

Rose: I would love too.

We stay in our embrace.