Chapter 24: Date

Y/N's POV

Dream

I am back in the white void. I see a man walking towards me. It was a man who I haven't seen in a long time.

Y/N: D-Davis...?

We hug each other.

Davis: It's so good to see you... my boy.

We let go.

Y/N: I'm so sorry... New Haven...

Davis: Were you the one who destroyed it?

Y/N: No!

Davis: Then it's not your fault. You can't blame yourself for the actions of the enemy.

Y/N: Y-You're right.

I just don't know what to say...

Y/N: I'm a terrible leader... New Haven was so strong when you were around... you were someone who I could always count on... I can't do this without you guys...

I look down, getting emotional. I feel David put his hands on my shoulders.

Davis: Y/N... look at me.

I slowly look up at him.

Davis: Remember that day? When I rescued you?

Y/N: Y-Yeah...

Davis: I could've just left you there... and left you to die... but I didn't. Wanna know why?

I stay silent.

Davis: Because I have a good heart for one. And two... I saw something special on you... there was this fire in you, I knew there was something there. So I took you with us.

I nod.

Davis: Who was it that was able to beat Jason and the Abominations in the war?

Y/N: M-Me...

Davis: Exactly! YOU did that! YOU led our community to victory!

Y/N: Yeah... but... now it's destroyed... New Haven...

Davis signs.

Davis: I know... they killed everyone... except you...

I pay attention to his words.

Davis: You survived... you're a survivor. Y/N. You were able to survive them twice without us! Don't forget who you are... you... are Y/N freaking L/N! The man... who was able to take down the ABOMINATIONS!!!

I chuckle.

Davis: And I know for a fact... you will do it again. I believe in you...

Y/N: He gotten stronger... more powerful... what if I can't do it again...? What if I can't stop him...?

Davis: I made you leader after my death for a reason... I saw myself in you. You were like a son to me... a son I never had. And I know... you can get the job done. And protect your loved ones... whatever it takes.

I finally take in everything he said. I start nodding.

Y/N: You're right... I can do it... I can...

Davis smiles at me.

Davis: That's my boy...

End of dream

I wake up from my dream. I see Clem still asleep. I grab my bionic arm and put it on. I then sneak out of bed so I don't wake her up. I head to the living room. I look out the window to see people walking around, hanging out. I remember what Davis told me...