Chapter 17: Hangout

Y/N's POV

Today has been chill. Our backup arrived in case Abominations and Delta get here. Me and Clem has been hanging out the whole day. More and more... she reminds me of Rose... while it was getting dark, me and Clem got back home.

Y/N: Are you hungry?

Clementine: Yeah, I kinda am.

Y/N: Okay, let's see what we got.

I go into the kitchen to see what kind of food we have. I see cans of soup.

Y/N: It'll do.

Clem is already sitting in the kitchen. I put the food on the table. I sit down, we start eating.

Y/N: This is good...

We continue to eat. Then Clem speaks up.

Clementine: I enjoyed today...

I look at her and smile.

Y/N: I did too...

We continued to eat. It was really good food. We finish. I get up and decide to sit down on the couch. Clem joins me. I look down and smile. Clem notices and giggles.

Clementine: What is it?

Y/N: Nothing. I just... never got to experience life like this... being safe... living a normal life.

Clementine: You didn't feel that way when you were in New Haven?

My smile fades.

Y/N: New Haven was different. We were a military community. It's not like Richmond... I don't have to do any jobs... while at New Haven, as the leader, I had to carry my gun with me everywhere, and do nothing but find food, head out, and kill...

Clementine: Did anyone ever came to New Haven to ask for help?

Y/N: If there was ever someone who needed help. We would bring them in if they could fight, or be trained to fight, or even if they wanted to join us. But we would usually just give them food, water, and supplies and send them off their way. Sometimes our soldiers would take them to a safe zone before leaving them.

Clementine: I guess New Haven wasn't like Delta or Abominations... you helped people...

Clem said that with a smile.

Clementine: You're a good man, Y/N...

I blush.

Y/N: And you're a good woman...

Clem then smiles.

Y/N: You remind me of Rose...

Clem then looks at me shocked and starts to blush.

Clementine: I-I do...?

Y/N: You two are kind, smart, willing to protect your loved ones...

I sniff.

Y/N: I miss her...

Clem gives me a sympathetic look.

Y/N: Ever since she died... I felt like a part of me died with her... with everyone... I keep thinking about what our future could have been... we could've had kids... raise them... and settle down. Living our lives happily ever after... but I guess happily ever afters can't happen to people like us...

Clementine: Rose seemed like a nice person, I'm pretty sure she was glad to have you.

I smile.

Y/N: Did you ever have someone?

Clem shakes her head.

Clementine: No...

Clem then sighs.

Clementine: Well... there was a boy... he was Javi's nephew. He had a crush on me.

Y/N: Nephew? What is his name?

Clementine: Gabe.

Y/N: Gabe...

Clementine: I didn't feel the same way. He was whiny. But he didn't deserve to die...

Y/N: He's... dead?

Clem nods.

Y/N: Oh...

It has gotten dark.

Y/N: We should probably get to bed...

Clem looks outside.

Clementine: Yeah. Okay.

We both get up and walk to our bedroom. I take off my bionic arm and Clem takes off her bionic leg. We put them on top of our dresser.

Y/N: Goodnight, Clem.

Clementine: Goodnight, Y/N.

We get in bed and lay down. We then fall asleep.