Chapter 14: On our way to Richmond

Y/N's POV

Me, Clem, AJ, Louis, Violet, and Rosie travel through the woods. I'm still helping Clem move as Louis is still doing the same for Violet.

Y/N: We need to find a place to stay.

Clementine: We won't get to Richmond tonight. We definitely need a place.

AJ: I'm hungry...

Clementine: I'm sorry... AJ.

Y/N: We'll find something. We have too.

Louis: I hope we find something soon... I'm getting exhausted.

Violet: At least you can see...

As we continued walking, we saw some walkers coming towards us.

Y/N: AJ, take Clem. Louis, you stay back with Violet.

Louis: Yeah.

AJ: I got her.

I carefully let AJ take Clem. Clem leans on AJ, trying to stay on one foot. I walk towards the walkers. I get out my knife. I kick the leg of the first walker. The walker falls over. I then stomp on its head, crushing it. I then kick the next walker in the stomach, knocking it down. I then punch his face with my bionic arm, crushing his head. I see two more walkers. I run and jump on the side of a tree and leap off, doing an inside kick to the walker. I then stab the walker in the head. I low sweep kick a walker, making it fall on the ground, I then jump up and do a double stomp on it's head, crushing it. All walkers are taken cared of.

Violet: Is it over?

Y/N: Yeah...

Clementine: That was impressive...

AJ: That was awesome!

Louis: I wish I could fight like that.

Y/N: Let's get moving.

I walk over back to AJ and take Clem from him.

Clementine: Yeah, I agree. We need to get moving now. We need to find shelter before it gets too dark.

We start moving again.

Timeskip

We got out of the woods.  We are now walking down an empty road. Rosie then starts barking and walking faster.

Clementine: What is it, Rosie?

We follow Rosie. We see a house. I stop and signal for AJ and Louis to stop.

Y/N: I'll check and see if it's empty.

I give Clem back to AJ and sneak up to the house. I get out my knife and open the door. I then sneak through the house. I see a living room. I walk into the next room to find a kitchen. Curious, I open up a pantry, it had food!

Y/N: Woah...

I then find some stairs. I sneak up the stairs and go through each room, I find a bathroom, I test if there is water, but nothing comes out.

Y/N: Damn...

I leave the room. I check the rest of the rooms. There are two bedrooms with two beds in each room. One of them is a king sized bed. I then leave the house and head back outside.

Clementine: It's safe?

Y/N: Yes.

Louis: Is there any food?

Y/N: A lot...

AJ: Yes!

Y/N: They have beds too. 4 in total. One of them is king sized.

Clementine: Let's head inside.

I grab Clem and help her inside the house. I set her down on a couch. Louis guides Violet to another couch.

Violet: Much better...

Louis: Glad we found this place.

AJ: Let's eat. Is there enough for all of us?

Y/N: Yeah, there should be.

I help Clem off the couch, Louis does the same for Violet, we get in the kitchen, me and Louis help Clem and Violet sit down. AJ opens the pantry and sees the food.

AJ: Wow!

AJ starts grabbing some canned food and giving it to us all. AJ even gave some to Rosie. It was an awkward silence as we ate. I could sense the sadness in the air. Everyone is still shaken up about what happened at the school. I didn't want to say anything. After we finished. It was really dark outside.

Y/N: We should get some sleep. It's been a long day...

Everyone nods. Louis grabs Violet and guides her to one of the bedrooms. Me and AJ help Clem get in the king sized room. Rosie follows us. We help Clem lay down in the king sized bed. AJ then lays down on the small bed. Rosie jumps on that bed and lays next to AJ. AJ and Rosie instantly fall asleep. I start to walk out of the room.

Clementine: Wait!

I stop and turn around.

Clementine: Where are you going?

Y/N: I'm going to sleep on the couch.

Clementine: No.

Y/N: What?

Clementine: You did a lot for us recently. You deserve good rest. You also look really exhausted.

Y/N: I'm fine. You guys have been through a lot. You guys deserve the beds.

Clementine: We could... share...

I give Clem a confused and shocking look.

Y/N: Say what again?

Clementine: I'll make room...

Clem's face was turning red.

Clementine: Please...?

I don't know what Clem is thinking here... She does want me to have nice rest, sleeping on a bed would be better than a couch...

Y/N: O-Okay... Fine...

Clem gives me room on the bed. I take off my bionic arm and set it on a nearby dresser. I then lay down next to Clem. We both turn our backs to each other.

Clementine: Y/N...

Y/N: Yeah?

Clementine: Thank you... for being here with us...

Those words shock me.

Y/N: Uh... yeah... you're welcome...

Clementine: Goodnight.

Y/N: Goodnight, Clem.

Clem falls asleep. I still don't understand why I feel so strongly for Clementine. Why do I get so flustered whenever she's being nice to me? She reminds me of Rose... I try to clear my mind as I fall asleep.