Chapter 19: Confessing

Y/N's POV

Dream

I am in the middle of nowhere. I am in some kind of white void. I then see someone walking towards me. I can't believe my eye when I see her.

Y/N: R-Rose?!?!

I run towards her and hug her tightly.

Y/N: I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry!!!

Rose: It's okay... it's okay... it wasn't your fault...

Y/N: But... I could've prevented this... I could've protected you...

Rose: You did your best... you can't blame yourself for that...

I let go of her...

Y/N: I promise... I'll find them... I'll kill every last one of them...

Rose: I know you will... We all do...

We stay silent...

Rose: You've been making friends... huh?

Rose smiles at me.

Y/N: Yeah, I have... but most of them suffered the same fate...

Rose frowns, then smiles at me again.

Rose: That Clementine girl... you like her... don't you...?

Rose's smile turns into a teasing one.

Y/N: I... you're are the only one I love...

Rose: I know... and I love you too. But I'm gone... I know you have feelings for Clem...

I look down.

Y/N: Yeah... fine. I do...

Rose smiles.

Rose: I'm not mad. I'm happy. I don't like seeing you suffer because I'm not there anymore... you have to move on... and love again...

I look at her.

Rose: And if you ask me... I think she likes you too...

Y/N: You... really think so?

Rose nods.

Rose: Go for her... there will be a day where we'll reunite. But you need to love again...

Y/N: Okay... okay. I'll confess my feelings...

Rose: This reminds me of when you confessed to me...

We chuckle.

Rose: Goodbye... Y/N...

Rose starts fading away.

Y/N: Goodbye... Rose...

End of dream

I slowly wake up. I take in Rose's words from my dream. I feel something heavy on me... I look over to see Clem asleep on my chest.

Y/N: Clem?!

Clem wakes up and sees where her head is laying on. She quickly gets off me and gets back on her side.

Clementine: Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I-I didn't mean to-

Y/N: I-It's fine... I don't think you meant to do that...

Clementine: Y-Yeah! I don't even know how I got on your chest...

Y/N: Any nightmares?

Clementine: No...

Y/N: Oh, well things like that happens. People can move and twitch around when sleeping...

We can still feel the awkward tension in the air.

Clementine: I'll... be getting up.

Clem grabs her bionic leg and puts it on. She then gets out of bed and leaves the room. I decide to grab my bionic arm and put it on and follow her. I see Clem sitting on the couch, her face shading a little bit of red. Rose's words come to mind.

Rose: Go for her, you need to love again.

I decide to make my move.

Y/N: Hey... Clem?

Clem noticed me.

Clementine: Y/N?

Y/N: There's... something that I want to tell you...

Clementine: Oh?

I sit down next to her.

Clementine: What do you want to tell me?

Y/N: Ever since I've met you... you've treated me with kindness. You picked me up when I was at my lowest point. And you allowed me to live in your community, eat the food you guys would hunt for, lay in one of your beds, and I got to get closer to you and even more good people. I will forever be grateful.

Clem gives me a heartwarming smile.

Clementine: Thank you... I appreciate everything you have done for us since then...

I get to the point.

Y/N: Clem... after spending so much time with you... I feel like I developed really strong feelings... I...

I let it out.

Y/N: Clem... I like you... in... THAT way... I didn't think it would be possible. I never thought I could like anyone the way I liked Rose... until I met you...

Clem just stared at me in shock. Her face getting redder and redder.

Clementine: Y/N.... I... I-I...

Clem struggles to get words out.

Clementine: I never thought you felt that way... you made it clear that you loved Rose... and no one else...

I look down.

Clementine: But... I... feel the same way...

I look back up.

Y/N: You do?

Clementine: I know I've known you for a shorter time than everyone else. But you've been amazing ever since. When I saw the way you've been treating AJ... and the talk we had that one night when you had that nightmare...

She pauses. She then finishes what she was saying.

Clementine: I knew... that I was in love...

Y/N: I... never knew...

Clementine: I never showed it... because I didn't think you would ever feel the same way...

Y/N: It's been developing the more and more I been around you...

We both stay silent. We then start scooting over closer to each other. Our faces start to get closer. And then... I feel our lips connect. After a few seconds, we part away from our kiss.

Clementine: Woah..

Y/N: That was...

Clementine: Great... right?

Y/N: Y-Yeah...

We lean in and kiss again. This time, we kept going. I felt the kiss get more intense. It turns to a makeout session. Clem suddenly got on my lap, I fall backward on the couch as Clem was still on top of me. We still continued to makeout. Clem then got off of me. We are both out of breath.

Y/N: Oh...

Clementine: That was... intense.

Y/N: Yeah... it was.

Rose in my dream was right... Clem liked me back... I feel love again... now... I need to make sure that Clem and the others stay safe... I can't lose her too...