Chapter 11: Defenses

Y/N's POV

It is the next morning. I wake up with sunlight shining on me.

Y/N: Time to set up defenses...

I get out of bed, put on my arm, and I walk outside. I see everyone working.

Clementine: Hello, Y/N.

I see Clem walk towards me.

Y/N: Hey, Clem.

Clementine: How are you doing?

I know what she is asking about, she's worried about my nightmare.

Y/N: I'm fine. Thanks for your concern.

Clem smiles.

Clementine: Yeah...

Y/N: Anything going on?

Clementine: Louis is practicing, Violet included.

Y/N: Really now?

Clementine: Everyone else is setting things up. Willy has bombs being made. We need different plans though, Delta won't fall for the same tricks.

Y/N: And the Abominations are smart people, and Delta probably told them about what happened last time.

Clementine: Yeah, we were hoping for you to let us know more about the Abominations.

Y/N: Okay...

I think.

Y/N: Jason is smart, he was able to take out New Haven, and I had many trained soldiers, these defenses won't work, but it can at least slow him, Abominations, and Delta down.

I see that the gates are shielded, and the top of the gate are covered with barbed wires.

Y/N: That could slow them down, but they can just ram the gate open, that's how they got in New Haven. They can also spread out and go around the school. I wouldn't underestimate them.

Clementine: The Abominations are a lot more dangerous than...

Y/N: Lucky for you guys, you have someone who was the former leader of a group that defeated them.

Clementine: With your help, we can stop them.

I remember about their attack on New Haven.

Clementine: Y/N? Are you okay?

Y/N: Jason came back with Lilly... and killed my whole family...

I close my fists.

Y/N: When they arrive...

I look at Clem.

Y/N: I'm going to kill them, tear them apart, make them suffer. I'll make them go feel how my whole family felt.

Clem stays silent. She only nods.

Clementine: I understand how you feel. But please keep your emotions in check. That could mess you up...

Y/N: Trust me... I can hold in my emotions...

We see the school getting set up for Abomination and Delta's attack.

Clementine: I'll check on the others, I suggest that you do the same.

Y/N: Got it...

I see Willy on the watchtower, watching for Delta and the Abominations. I decide to climb up and talk to him.

Y/N: Hey, Willy.

Willy sees me.

Willy: Oh, Hey Y/N.

Y/N: Any sign of Delta and the Abominations?

Willy: Nope, nothing.

We stay silent.

Willy: Hey, Y/N...?

Y/N: Yeah?

Willy: So... these Abomination guys... they killed your entire community?

I look down.

Y/N: Yeah...

Willy: Sorry to bring back a bad memory.

Y/N: It's fine. I plan on getting my revenge when they get here.

Willy: These guys are more dangerous?

Y/N: Yeah, but don't worry, I beat them before, I plan on doing it again.

Willy: Good to have you here than.

Y/N: Yeah, it's nice to be here.

Willy smiles.

Willy: I wish we had a whole army of you.

Now I smile.

Y/N: Maybe you and everyone else here will be as tough as me sometime...

Willy: I look forward to it.

Y/N: I'll check out our defenses. I'll see you later.

Willy: Yeah, see you.

I climb down the watchtower. I continue to check on our defenses. We all spent the whole day preparing for the attack.