Chapter 11: Valentines

*Powerpuff Girl's narrator* Ah...Valentine's day! Love is in the air! The dance is coming up... let's take a look. *narrator stops*

It was Friday, a week before the dance. Dib decided since it was his first year of middle school he was going to go to the dance but he needed a date. So he had an idea. Dib got a flower from a bush and walked up to Rose, nervous.

"Hey...Rose. You know the dance...? I have something for you...and I was wondering if you would go to the dance with me." Dib asked. He cringed inside.

"Um...okay Dib. But this isn't a date, right? We just need someone to go to the dance with." Rose said.

"Right." Said Dib.

"Ok. I will go with you. Goodbye." Rose said.

Later in class Rose was talking to Gaz. "I know Zim loves Tak now, so they are going together. What about you, Gaz?" She asked her.

"I don't have anyone to go with and I don't plan to go." Gaz said, she responded quickly.

"Come on, it is the first year of middle school. We should go." Rose said. 

"Is there anyone you WOULD go with?" Tak asked.

"...Actually, yes. But laugh at me, and I will kill you." Gaz said. Her face turned light pink and she pointed to a boy in their classroom. It was Lincoln Loud.

"He's pretty good at video games, so what?" Gaz said. "Don't judge me..."

"You should talk to him." Tak said, Rose nodded. Gaz sighed and slowly walked up to Lincoln.

"Hello Lincoln-" Gaz said.

"Oh, hey, you're that girl who's super good at video games! I like video games too!" Lincoln said.

"Uh...w-we could go to the dance together..." Gaz said.

"Sure!" Lincoln said. Gaz sighed a breath of relief. She walked back to Rose and Tak.

"How did it go?" Rose asked.

"We are going to the dance together." Gaz replied.

"That's good." Rose smiled.

"Shut up." Gaz glared.

At recess, Mandy met up with Gaz, Rose and Tak. "Guys I need your help. I'm having...boy trouble..." Mandy said.

"Count me out." Gaz said and left.

"What's wrong, Mandy?" Rose and Tak asked.

"I was planning on going to the dance, and three boys want to go with me: Irwin, Jr., and Billy. Who should I go with?" Mandy asked.

"Well, Irwin's annoying, and you always talk about how annoying he is, so he's out!" Tak said. "Maybe Jr.?"

At lunch, Mandy walked up to Jr. "Hey Jr." Mandy said.

"Hello, Mandy." Jr. said.

"Uh...I was thinking we could go to the dance together."  Mandy said.

"Again? You hated it in elementary school." Jr. said.

"That was in the past, Jr." Mandy replied.

"Well...okay." Jr. said. Billy was watching them and he became sad. Mandy walked away back to her friends.

"Thanks for your help, I guess." Mandy said.

"No problem?" Said Tak.