XXXII

You

It started raining shortly before the sun rose, and I was already exhausted. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes awake, but I was determined to catch up. I couldn't be too far from the three now. Not with the power of a motor on the boat, and my abilities pushing us along. The motor sputtered, making a sound as if it was dying and I leapt up.

"No, no, no," I mumbled, fiddling back to where the motor was. It growled like some dying cat before sputtering to a stop. I looked at the gas, empty. I groaned, flopping back onto the boat. Just my luck that it would start to rain, and lose gas at the same time. I was practically just floating here, and I was already too exhausted to use too much of my abilities now.

My fingers absently drifted to my pocket and drifted against the translucent stone in there. As soon an my skin brushed against it, a jolt seemed to pass through my body, knocking away any sense of fatigue and tiredness out of my system. I jolted upright, more shocked than anything. The fatigue was still there, but now it was just much more manageable.

I slipped the stone out. Nearly forgetting that I had it. It was glowing white at the moment, but quickly dulled to the translucent white I had found it as. The tear-shaped stone was still warm to the touch. I studied it curiously, wondering what on earth it was.

I didn't feel different except for the lack of fatigue. It had done similar things to this back during war games, but nothing to this extent.

The boat lurched in the waves and the small stone slipped from my fingers. As soon as the small object was falling. I could feel the fatigue returning. I dropped, scrambling for the small stone. The warmth of the stone remained, but the fatigue within me stayed this time.

I stayed on the ground, only moving over to lean my back against the side of the boat. Oh how I wished I could just sleep. But I already knew that I had to meet with the blind person that the other three were probably meeting at the moment.

A bitter taste hit my tongue. I remembered who the blind dude was. Phineas. He was a roman demigod of Neptune if I remembered correctly. Of course, if I also remembered correctly, he was supposed to be dead. The only reason why he was here was that Gaea decided to bring him back. I wasn't necessarily in the mood to associate with anyone connected to Gaea. It made me sick to my stomach.

But before all of that, I would still have to figure out how to get there. And currently, I was floating not too far from the coast line. What coastline? I wasn't quite sure. I could physically use my abilities to get me to shore, or I could just swim. A better option would be to get some sailors to give me a ride.

I sat up, thinking of sleep. That would definitely be the ideal situation, but highly unlikely. Perhaps it would be better if I just looked to refuel the boat. That, or just steal a new one.

It took 20 minutes to get to a port off the city. Some of the locals looked at me a bit skeptically considering I was a lone girl on a boat by myself that just happened to float up to the dock. I now wished that I had abilities like Percy where he could talk to sea animals or cause the ropes of the boat tether themselves.

Instead, I was the one hopping out onto the dock and tying the ropes myself. I examined the poor knotting. Yep, that definitely wouldn't stay for long.

I gave it another tug. Admittedly, I had no idea what I was doing, so this would have to do for now. I left the boat where it was and headed up the dock. A couple other people were just pulling in, and I hoped they were locals.

"Hey, do you know where I cam get gas to fill up the motor of my boat?"

The two on the boat looked up at me. They said something and then pointed to a building across the dock and up the stairs. The sign said: Crescent City Boats. I wasn't the best at geography, but as far as I knew, Crescent City wasn't even close to Portland.