XLII

You

Ths waves crashed against the peir as the light settled. I stumbled back onto the wall and breathed out a sigh of relief. It felt good to be out of the underworld and away from Gaea's domain.

The other three demigods took the warp worse and I peeked an eyes open to see Hazel stumble to the railing and empty the content of her stomach into the ocean.

She stumbled to a seat and I watched as Frank held his hand to his forehead and stopped beside her.

Mental note to self, I thought. Get better at traveling like that. Better yet, I don't think I'd be travelling that way for a while if I couldn't help it.

Percy breathed out a sigh, letting the mists from the ocean calm him down before he turned to me. He had a glint of confusion I his eyes before he settled down.

"How did you do that?" He asked. "Your eyes..." he trailed off.

"It doesn't matter how I did it. You three are running out of time and I had to do something."

Percy only frowned. "You're not a demigod, are you."

I shook my head. "I don't think so. To be honest, I don't know what I am, but it doesn't matter right now. You have to finish your quest."

Hazel seemed to have recovered slightly and looked around.

"Where are we anyways?"

"Seattle," I replied looking out over the ocean. This was the next place I knew that the demigods had to go. They had to meet with Hyllia, Reyna's sister, and I just hoped we weren't too late. I on the other hand had to go back to Portland for Ella the harpie.

I looked up at the sun. It looked to be only mid morning, so hopefully the demigods were either on time, or not too far off.

"Wait," Percy said. "How did you know we had to come to Seattle? Did Reyna tell you?"

"Tell you what?" Frank asked. "Why are we in seattle?"

Percy pulled out a silver ring on his necklace. "Reyna has a sister here. She asked me to find her and show her this."

"Reyna has a sister?" Frank seemed shocked, as if the idea terrified him. I smiled, I could see why. Reyna could be terrifying on a good day, imagine having two.

"She didn't tell me," I said. "Atleast, not exactly." The three of them looked at me with confusion. I only sighed. "It's a long story. I'll have to tell you guys another time."

"Anyways," Percy said. "Apparently Reyna thinks her sister could send help for the camp."

I nodded. "That's part of why I had to step in. The camp could really use the Amazon's help."

Frank reached for his spear. "Amazons? Like... female warriors?"

"That would make sense," Hazel said. "If Reyna's sister is also a daughter of Bellona, I can see why she'd join the Amazons. But... is it safe for us to be here?"

I shrugged. Was it safe to be anywhere?

"We have to try," Percy said. "I promised Reyna. Besides, we don't exactly have a boat anymore." He looked pointedly at me.

I held up my hands in surrender. "Don't look at me. The pax wouldn't have made it past here anyways. That thing was falling apart."

Percy looked to the ocean, as if he would much rather be there than here. "Well, do you have any idea on how to find the Amazons, Y/n?"

"And, um," Frank said nervously, "they don't, like, kill men on sight, do they?"

I shrugged. "Sorry, guys. You're on your own from here on. I wish I could stay with you guys and help you finish your quest, but I have some unfinished business back in Portland. I'll try to catch up, ok?"