X

You

I couldn't even tell how much time had passed at this point. The last thing I remembered was using up as much of my power as possible to defeat that earth monster. No doubt it was a result of Gaea.

I stirred, slowly rising to consciousness as I started to make out voices.

"Obviously she should be given the status of a full member of the league. We cannot doubt that her efforts saved lives."

Reyna, I recognized.

"Full status?" Asked another voice. I couldn't fully recognize it, but it sounded like Octavian. "What about the prophecy. You do know what this means, right?"

There was silence, and I stayed as still as possible, keeping my breathing steady. I'd rather them not stop their conversation if I woke up.

It took a few moments before Reyna spoke again. "I'm quite aware. But what other choice do we have?"

"One of them shall go, unclaimed by all,
Will aid the earth or cause her fall,
A final choice that one shall make,
A lasting stand to make fate shake." Octavian stated the prophecy matter of factly.

I heard a little scoff. "Clearly," Reyna said.

"Then you must know how dangerous this is. She could be working against us for all we know!"

This time it was my turn to frown. I twitched slightly, and I just hoped they didn't notice my actions. Octavian wasn't wrong, which made me feel all the more guilty.

"I trust her," Reyna said. "Isn't that enough?"

I couldn't tell if Octavian was happy with that for now. "You'll be able to make the decisions for now, but once the feast comes and I get elected praetor, that will change."

I listened as his footsteps gre quiet, but I was pretty sure that Reyna was still around.

I stirred in my sleep, trying to show that I was awake before slowly opening my eyes. I didn't recognize the place I was in, but the bed was comfortable.

Reyna seemed lost in thought, staring out the door down the hall. Then she seemed to notice me.

"Oh, you're awake."

I shifted up onto my elbows, looking around. It seemed to be some kind of infirmary of sorts. There were plenty of beds in rows, but from the looks of it, I was the only one there.

"What happened? Like after I passed out."

Reyna pressed her lips into a tight line. "The legion is truly indebted to you. I think that you should be promoted to full legion status, but some disagree. At evening muster, we will decide and then you can be a full member by time war games happen."

I was a little shocked. I didn't think it was possible to be promoted in just a days time. Without any honorable act, it took an entire year to be promoted. But then something clicked.

"Wait," I said. "War games? Tonight?"

Reyna nodded.

I thought about it for a second. If war games were happening tonight, then...

"Exactly how long have I been out?"

"The fight with the earth giant was last week. It has been 6 days," Reyna said.

I fell back into the bed. Goodness, that would mean Percy would be arriving... well, today. What the heck.

"Six days," I mumbled.

"That fight really took something out of you, but I can't blame you. I didn't want to give you the regular dose of ambrosia since I'm still not sure how it affects people like you." Reyna looked down at me. "I have to admit, I didn't think summoned could do that." She looked at me a bit skeptically.