XIV

You

I fidgeted nervously with me hands. Boy how I wished I could go with Percy and Hazel right about now. Even if it meant I had to see Octavian again. I shuddered just at the thought.

"Listen," I said. "Percy Jackson is a good guy. I know you have a bad history with him, but I'm sure he was never intending that outcome."

Reyna frowned, clearly not convinced.

I sighed. Clearly it wouldn't be horrible to mention some things. As long as I steered clear of the whole Greek side of the story.

"Last summer, the romans fought in the battle of Mount Othrys. I know that Jason sent the titan Krios back to Tartarus, but what do you think happened to Kronos... er... Saturn." Let's just hope she didn't catch the fact I said the Greek name. Was there a roman name for Krios, or was it the same? Oh well, I guess too late to change that.

Reyna gave me a sceptical look. "When Jason destroyed his black throne, it was enough to kill the titan. It was a hard battle, but it was won."

"Well, Saturn wasn't destroyed because you guys destroyed his throne. There was another battle in Manhattan, where Saturn was faced and destroyed. Percy Jackson was the person that led that battle."

Reyna's eyebrows furrowed. "That would be impossible. He would need an army to face the Titans, and not just mortals. Demigods. There would have to be another camp like ours-" Her eyes shot up in surprise. "There's another camp?"

My head tilted back and forth. Yes, there was another camp, but it probably wasn't what you expected.

"What does this mean?" she asked.

"There is a lot of things going on here that is bigger than any of us. It all has to do with how monsters aren't dying, and also how something is going to happen on the Feast of Fortuna in five days. Specifically, Juno is playing a dangerous game. Let's just say that Jason and Percy have essentially switched roles."

Reyna sighed. "I really don't feel good about this. Tell me. Do we make it out of this alright?"

To be honest, I didn't feel good about it either. If I wanted to make it home and make sure that my father survived this, then it might just ruin their chances. I really didn't want to doom them to fail, but I would try my best to do what I could for them. 

"I can't make any promises." Just standing around Reyna reminded me now of how I was walking right into the prophecy. My breath felt blocked, and I was in desperate need to leave. "I'm sorry. I need to go. I can't-" I realized since she was the praetor, I probably needed to give a bit more respect.

"May I be excused?" I couldn't even bear to look at her anymore.

By time she said yes, I was already out of there. I didn't know how much more of this I could take. I was still on the clear and off duty for the rest of the day, so I really had no idea what I was supposed to spend my time doing. I let out a frustrated sigh, tears stinging my eyes. Why was my life such a mess?

I could feel the eyes of campers on me as they passed. Yet, when I looked in their direction, they promptly looked at the ground. Who knows, maybe they thought I was a hero, maybe they didn't.

My feet took me walking before I knew where I was going myself. I ended up heading to temple hill. I could see Jupiter's temple alight with light and storms. Clearly, Octavian was busy, and my guess was that Percy was still there.

There was a small tug in my gut, and I jerked my head in that direction. It was faint, but it was definitely there.

A small path head further into the smaller sections of the temples. Most of the major temples were on the larger path, but there were still hundreds of minor gods. Small shrines and altars lined the path, and something within me tugged lightly in that direction.