2 - Murderer

Murderer

Sasha's POV
Day 4 in the outer banks, I was in my new room, given I had no friends.

"Hey Sasha, Guess what!" MJ flounced into my room.

"Yeah?"

"There's this girl I met, Wheezie Cameron, she's my age and she invited me in her house to hang out in an hour! Will can drop me off but can you pick me up, pleaseee?"

"Sure sis."

MJ smiled hard and walked out. I was glad she was making friends, couldn't say the same for myself.

While my limited time living on the island, I realised its split into two halves, the Kooks, the rich and wealthy who live here in the Figure 8, and the Pogues, the exact opposite.

The Kook's here make the Pogues sound like dirty criminals. I guess I'll have to see for myself

•••••••••••••••••••••

It was an hour before I had to pick up Wheezie and I was exploring the island, I decided to take a look at the 'pogue' side so I kept driving until i found a dock.

It was kinda worn down, wet and honestly disgusting, but i didn't care. I walked to the edge and sat down.

About a few minutes passed then the clouds turned grey and it started pouring.

I heard a revving engine, and a boat came into view heading towards the dock. On the boat I saw 5 teens around my age. I stood up as they pulled beside the dock and one by one jumped of soaked due to the whether.

"Hey there cupcake," said a blonde boy who jumped out first.

I smiled at him charmingly, that's my specialty.

"JJ what are you doing," a girl with curly black hair and dark skin pushed in front of him. She turned to me " and who are you?" she said warily looking me up and down with her arms cross.

"Sasha Cruz," I replied, "and you are?"

"Kie. and this is JJ, John B, Pope and Sarah," she pointed each one of them out on the dock. "You must be new around here."

"Yeah," I replied, "So are we gonna stand around in the rain or are y'all gonna take the new girl somewhere dry, " I said smiling at them.

They all looked at each other and then the blonde boy, JJ i think, took my hand as they started running to a house near the dock following the others. These pogues seemed like fun.

When we went inside they all started lounging around. "So," Sarah said to me "Where do you live."

"Oh in the figure 8," I replied as Pope threw me a coke.

"Shit!" yelled John B, "She's a kook. I knew it."

"Excuse you," Sarah said to him "I'm a Kook"

"Yeah but you have the heart of a pogue" said Kie.

Sarah crossed her arms, "If I do, then I best believe this girl could too." She smiled at me

"I second that," called out JJ as he rushed by my side, "So Kook, do you think you have the heart of a pogue?"

Not wanting to disappoint the only people I have met on the island who I have taken a liking too, I smiled and replied to him "Yes kind sir, do you accept me?" offering a curtsy to him.

"Yes madam," JJ bowed back at me, "So pogues, look like we have a new friend here."

Sarah and Pope smiled at me while John B and Kie exchanged worried glances.

"Hey man," yelled JJ to them, " P4L?"

Their worried looks changed to smiles as they all looked at me and called out "P4L!"

As I was driving away to pick up MJ I thought, how do I know If i really have the heart of a pogue?

••••••••••••••••••••••

It was still storming and I was soaking standing in the Cameron's Foyer. I thought Will was rich but Wheezie's family must've been on a whole other level looking at their house.

"Can we wait till the storm passes?" pleaded MJ.

"Yeah" said the girl beside her, a curly-headed brunette with glasses who must've been Wheezie. What kind of a name is Wheezie anyway? "You can look around if you want, I don't care," she continues, "My brothers the only other person here anyway."

"Sure," I said as they walked away and i went to find a bathroom in this mansion which looked as if it were built to house 20 people.

Stumbling into the bathroom somehow forgetting to close the door behind me, I took of my shirt and stood in front of the sink in my bra and ripped denim shorts, trying to squeeze the rain water out of my top.

I saw a tall figure come behind me in the mirror.

"Who the fuck are you and why are you half-naked in my bathroom?"

I glanced back and met the tall boy's icey blue eyes staring down at me.

no. fucking. way.