8 - Never In A Million Years

Never In A Million Years

Sasha's POV:

We'd been driving for hours and it was getting dark. During our few days together, we hadn't realised we had travelled so far.

I was in the passenger seat looking at Rafe, who was focusing on the road. He was going to kill me a couple of hours ago and now I couldn't get over how perfect he looked.

"What are you looking at?" he said. I stared at him for a few seconds longer then looked away.

"You."

He smirked and kept driving.

I leaned my head against the window and looked out. I saw a beach in the sunset.

"Hey, can we go down there?" I asked.

"The beach? Are you crazy, it's nearly dark?"

"That means no one will see us."

"Fine," he said as he turned right, down to the car park by the sand.

I jumped out of the car and felt the warm air around me. The waves crashed on the shore.

"See, there's no one here," I said as I grabbed his arm and walked towards the water.

"Want to go swimming?" he asked.

"At 7 pm?"

"You're the one that wanted to come here."

I smiled and took off my shoes. I ran into the water in the white dress I stole from the markets a couple of days ago.

Rafe took off his shirt and followed me diving into the dark blue waters.

We went out deep enough that I couldn't touch the ground anymore and waded in the water looking at the sunset.

"This feels nice," I said as I leaned my head backwards letting my hair get all wet.

"Yeah," he sighed,

"So I was thinking," I said, "When we get to the Bahamas we could get jobs. I could work in a Cafe or something..."

"We could stay at my family's house, it's right by the beach," he said.

"Do you think your dad will mind?"

"As long as I'm not near him, he won't give a shit."

"I bet Wheezie will wanna come too since MJ is."

"I don't care. As long as you're there too," he said.

He lifted my head up out of the water, putting his hand on my cheek.

"Are you sure you want to do this, go to the Bahamas? You're not gonna leave me?" he asked.

This boy must have deep trust issues.

"Never in a million years," I replied.

He grabbed my waist under the water and pulled me towards him. I smiled. Then I kissed him. And he kissed me back.

Never in a million years did I think I would be kissing Rafe Cameron. But I'm glad I was.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Many hours later...