6 - Promises

Promises

Sasha's POV:

"Really Country Club? Couldn't think of anything back there. Nothing?" I said as I started up the car and drove out of the barn.

"First off, don't call me that. And second, it's your fault we were there in the first place," he said to me huffing.

"Geez Rafe, it's not like I tackled you to ground forcing you to sleep there."

"Whatever. You aren't actually going to those markets though, are you?" he said looking out the window.

"Where else are we going to get food?" I replied as I drove down the street opening the windows to feel the breeze.

"We don't even have money Sasha. We left all our shit at my place remember?" he said.

"I brought my card since I'm not completely stupid."

"They can trace it and find us, so we can't use it."

"Well it's my moms, and since she's dead, I feel like they won't find us," I said as I parked the car, "We're here now." I got out of the car before he could say anything else.

"Look at all these people!" he cried as he got out, "We look like fucking peasants."

"Will you relax?" I rolled my eyes and grabbed his arm. "I'll get you some new clothes," I said as I pulled his arm and dragged him to a food cart in the distance.

I must've been misguiding him as I turned around to hear him yelling at someone "Hey! Watch where you're going, man."

Then I saw who he was talking to.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Rafe's POV:

"Topper!?" I exclaimed shaking Natasha's hand off me. "What are you doing here?"

"I come here all the time with my mom," he replied accusingly, "and what are you doing here man? I heard you and some chick went missing after her dad got killed."

I just stood there standing lost for words.

"Stepdad. He was my stepdad. So Topper is it?" Sasha said stepping forward, she was acting off, like she was panicking "Listen, we need you're help real bad."

I gave her a look asking what the actual fuck she was doing.

She kept talking, "Someone killed my stepfather then took me and Rafe when we came home. He'll be back any second. You need to tell the Kildare Sheriff's Department that we were kidnapped, okay? We need to go now, before he finds us."

"Oh Shit," Topper said looking at Sasha in awe, "Yeah of course , I'll tell them when I get back, but who are you?"

Sasha took my arm before any of us could give him an answer. We ran away leaving him there with a million questions.

When we were back in the car, I exploded.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT!?" I yelled at her, " They are going to find us now and you told him some stupid shit about us getting kidnapped."

"Rafe calm down," she put her hand on my shoulder, " if he tells them we were 'taken', we won't be suspects and can go back. We can create a fake alibi and lie and say some guy took us and killed Will."

"Okay," I sighed, "You're right. But we didn't even get food or and still look like shit."

"Well you won't look like shit if you put this on," she said smiling holding up a white and grey striped polo shirt. "Jacked it while we were running. Now put it on."