5 - Stars

Stars

Rafe's POV:

Rafe's POV:

I looked out of the car window. We'd been driving for hours through nothing but plain land.

I slowed down and looked back at Natasha who was asleep. How could someone look so calm under these circumstances. I wanted to kill her a few days ago, what the fuck is wrong with me. I might be leaving my entire life behind for this girl.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I parked the car inside an abandoned barn. Would have to do for now.

Sasha woke up in the back seat. "Where are we?" she asked.

"Barn." I kept my answer short. I don't know if she was still mad about earlier.

She nodded and got out of the car.

"Wait where are you going?" I asked as I opened the door and went to her.

"Well it's night isn't it?"

"Yeah?"

"No one can see us, and we're alone in the middle of nowhere."

"It's still not safe Sasha. There are probably police looking for us. We're missing and probably suspects of the murder."

She shrugged and walked outside. She took out her hair which was in a long ponytail and let it flow with the cool summer breeze.

I looked at our surroundings. It sure was a view. There were trees surrounding the secluded farm lands in which the lone barn stood in a lush field of green grass.

Natasha took my arm and pulled me through the field. She let go to pick up flowers as she went on to lie down on a patch of grass.

Fuck this is girl is strange.

"What are you doing, you can't sleep out here it's dangerous," I said.

"Relax rich boy. I'm just looking at the pretty stars."

"Shut up and come back to the car. And don't call me rich boy when you also live on the figure 8."

"Not anymore. I'm free now."

"No you're homeless. Now come back to the fucking car and get some rest."

"Just come lie down for a bit. You need to stop worrying, isn't that what you said to me earlier? Even if I do get rest what does that change. We're still gonna be murderers on the run cause we did a stupid thing with a stupid plan."

"Shut up Sasha. You wanted me to do it. Now come back to the barn, please?"

"Just stay here with me. 5 more minutes."

I sighed and under my better judgement lied down down beside her. She was staring up. I looked and she was right. They were pretty nice.

Suddenly I felt free of everything shitty. Of all the people I killed, of how I'm a disappointment to my father, of how my sister left us to be a pogue. Everything.

Everything all seemed alright because of this girl. This girl that was going to be the death of me.

I looked over at her and she was asleep. I looked back at the stars and suddenly I was too.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Third Person POV:

"What are you doing on my property!?"

Rafe and Natasha woke up startled in the middle of the field which was now well lit and clearly not as private as they thought. A middle aged white women stood towering over themselves

Sasha stood up immediately, "Hi there, I'm terribly sorry," she said dusting herself off, "but me and my, um, my friend here are on a road trip. We fell asleep under the stars and had no idea this was your property so we best be on our way."

The lady looked surprised as she looked down at Rafe, who got up nodding.

"Well, dear," said the women, " you look famished, there's a market down the road where you two can get some food. Now run along"

Natasha flashed the lady a warm smile then took Rafe's arm and headed towards the barn.

Meanwhile the lady walked back to her house, through a clearing amongst the trees whilst on her phone, "Hello there, is this the sheriffs department?" she spoke into it, "Yes, well I have some information on the missing teens from Kildare Island."

Hi guys hope you like it so far. Drop ideas in the comments for later in the story!

And for those saying some things happening are unrealistic well it's a story, and I'm very sorry if it's not the best and most realistic 😭