9 - Shots Fired

Shots Fired

*This chapter represents song 3 in the story's mixtape, '1 Step Forward, 3 Steps Back' by Olivia Rodrigo.

*after this chapter there probably won't be a lot of times they go back to the outer banks depending on the storyline. I love the pogue scenes but I feel like Rafe and Natasha need to be in a separate world as it's healthier for their already toxic relationship since Rafe hates them 💀.

 I love the pogue scenes but I feel like Rafe and Natasha need to be in a separate world as it's healthier for their already toxic relationship since Rafe hates them 💀

Sasha's POV:

"You need to go!" John B said on the other side of the door.

The pogues exchanged glances.

"I just wanna talk to Sarah," yelled another voice.

I knew it was him straight away. I could recognise his voice anywhere.

The door burst open shaking the room. Rafe stood there, scanning the room for his sister, "Sarah, I'm taking Wheezie-"

He stopped as his eyes layed on me. Tears built up in his eyes as he started shaking and backing away.

I stood up quickly, "Rafe I-"

"No," he said his voice breaking, "I knew you were gonna go back to them. Stay. I'll take the boat alone."

Tears fell down his cheeks and mine.

He glanced at the pogues and stalked out of the room not even bothering to tell Sarah what he intended to. I ran outside as he revved his motorcycle up.

"Rafe please don't leave!" I cried from the door.

"YOU PROMISED ME," he yelled back.

I stood at the door looking at how hurt he was.

His face softened and his eyes were red as ever, "You said you'd choose me."

JJ pulled me back and turned me towards him and his friends as Rafe sped down the driveway onto the road.

"He's not worth it," he said.

"He is," I whispered tears in my eyes.

Kie shook her head "He would've screwed you over anyways girl."

"You don't understand," I cried my eyes as red as Rafe's were.

I shook JJ off me and left the pogues speechless standing at the door in the dark night.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

Third-Person POV: (the Pogues at the Chateau)

"She's going after him, isn't she?" sighed Pope as they all backed away from the door.

"Of course she is," yelled JJ.