A First Apology

"For a stuck up rich bi- I mean, rich chick, not bad." Brady casually remarked as he pulled away from a rather shocked Amelia.

Amelia blinked dumbfounded and just looked at Brady who seemed like nothing unusual just happened.

What the hell just happened? He kissed me? Why the hell would he kiss me, he hates me doesn't he? A thousand thoughts ran through Amelia's head but she couldn't find it in her to voice one.

She opened her mouth but then closed it again and then repeated the action a few times afterwards. She was at a loss of words and thoughts.

"Well I'm wasted so I should get to bed." Brady said casually and stood up and without a second glance he walked towards the stairs.

Amelia woke up with a gasp; she sat up straight and took in a breath. It's been over a week and she was still dreaming about that incident, why couldn't she get that stupid kiss out of her head? It was obvious Brady probably did, she bet he forgot all about it the very same night. She felt quite bitter thinking of that and it confused her, after all it was a kiss with Brady Ryland and she should be disgusted but instead she was thinking it over and worse, she was having dreams about it.

She shuddered at that thought, she needed to get out and stop thinking about that creature named Brady, and she was making progress, she didn't even go over to tutor Lily, instead she met Lily out at a nearby coffee shop.

Which reminded her that she had a lunch date with Hillary. Hillary seemed so busy lately with school that Amelia was surprised that she could fit her into her schedule.

"So how's school?" Amelia asked as she lazily played with the salad in front of her.

"Great!" Hillary responded quite excitedly. "The life of a college student it exactly how I imagined it and college boys are to die for. There's this one guy named..." Hillary went on to explain about her great time at college but Amelia phased out, occupying herself with her own thoughts.

Brady looks to be around the age of twenty one, so shouldn't he be in college too? I mean I can understand that they're not very wealthy but there are many options for the less fortunate when it came to education. He could've gotten a student loan or a scholarship, but maybe he wasn't very smart but I can't conclude that for sure, I don't even know him that well, I mean he wasn't even in the same school as me. In fact which high school did Brady attend? Maybe he dropped out to support his family, which I have to admit is an admirable thing to do.

Or perhaps he was expelled, oh my god, that seems like a more reasonable explanation. With his bad reputation I'm certain he probably got expelled for breaking tons of school rules.

"I mean seriously Amelia; you should've just started this year since you've not even decided where you wish to spend your year off. Which reminds me, have you decided what you want to do with this year?" Hillary said but Amelia was still lost in her own thoughts.

"Lia!" Hillary exclaimed, snapping her fingers in front of Amelia's face.

Amelia blinked and her eyes landed on the entrance of the little restaurant instead of on Hillary. "Brady." Amelia said.

"What?" Hillary asked a little too high pitched.

"You want to do Brady this year?" Hillary asked all in one breath with her eyes wide and shocked. "That guy from the garage?"

"What?" Amelia asked. "No, are you crazy?"

"But you just-"

"I mean, Brady is here right now." Amelia said and her brain just registered that Brady Ryland was standing just a few feet away from where she sat.