Driving Lesson

"You?" Amelia whispered, her lips a mere centimeter away from his.

"I," he began looking into her eyes then down to her lips.

"Go on." She pressed.

"I..." he drawled. "Mia I... I told you so." He finished with a laugh.

It took Amelia a long moment to process what he just said and when she realized what he said two emotions ran through her, namely annoyance and a little bit of disappointment. For some reason she expected something else to leave his lips but the more she gave it thought, the more she realized how farfetched her thinking was; there was no way Brady could have said that.

She quickly composed herself, not wanting to give away that a part of her was hoping he'd say something else. The last thing she wanted was for Brady to be scared off knowing that she was possibly expecting the 'L' word from him.

So she gave him a pout. "Don't make me feel worse than I already do."

He wrapped an arm around her. "Mia, I honestly don't feel bad at all."

"Yeah you're heartless." She teased.

His playful demeanor dropped and he looked at her seriously. "You really think that of me?"

She shook her head. "No, no of course not. I was just teasing you."

His expression didn't waver so she wrapped her arm around his waist. "Lighten up Broody and learn to take a joke now and again."

He half grinned at her and pecked her forehead. "Let's get out of here. I'm allergic to rich fucking folks."

"Brady." She warned with a look of disapproval. "I'm one of those folks too."

"Not really." He stated. "Your daddy is rich but on your own, you're penniless."

She raised a brow. "I'm the sole heiress to all my dad owns."

"Only one day Princess." He pointed out. "For now just accept being a simpleton like me."

"If it makes you happy, sure." She grinned.

"Yeah let's do that today." He said.

"Do what?" she asked.

"Do things to make me happy, you know to make up for the shitty treatment I got from your parents." He said.

"Anything you say but I have one condition." She said.

"And what's that?" he questioned.

"No funny business." She said.

He feigned ignorance. "I don't know what you mean."

"You very well know what I mean." She replied.

He dropped his hand from her shoulder to her waist and his fingers traced little circles there. "You'll have to be more specific." He whispered in her ear.

She humorlessly grinned at him before she peeled his fingers off her waist and put a small distance between them. "This. I mean this."

"You have a dirty mind, not once did I imply this." He said innocently.

"Oh really?" she crossed her arms. "What exactly did you have in mind then?"

He smirked at her and took her hand in his. "Let's go see."

"Brady." She whined.

"Trust me ok?" he said sincerely.

She looked at his bright blue eyes and she just couldn't deny him. "Of course."