Making Amends

A/N 2016/08/02: To those who have already read this chapter and are confused as to why it was updated again, that's because I deleted it by mistake so I'm just putting it up again, nothing has changed in this chapter so if you've read it, you can go on and read chapter 21. I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you anyway.

Brady blinked and took in the appearance of the middle aged woman who stood before him. She was wearing a black tightly fitted dress which sat just below her knees with matching high heels. Brady noticed that her hair was as blonde as Amelia's and she even resembled Amelia.

"Excuse me?" Chantelle frowned. "Repeat what you said."

"I'll try and keep it simpler for you; the diamonds on your ears might be restricting your hearing." Brady said rudely.

Brady could tell that Amelia's mother didn't appreciate his tone but he couldn't care less at that moment, he just wanted to see Amelia.

"I want to see your daughter." He stated. "And now would be nice."

"Who do you think you are to make demands in my home?" Chantelle asked, giving Brady a once over.

"Technically I'm not in your house, just on your doorstep." Brady cheekily retorted. "Now would you call her down for me or do I have to do the honors?"

"Neither." Chantelle crossed her arms. "Amelia isn't in any mood to meet some random person."

"I am not a random person; I am her..." he trailed off. "I'm her friend." He completed, trying to be a little polite.

"I know all of Amelia's friends and I've never seen you anywhere around her." Chantelle said. "Anyhow I know my daughter very well and she doesn't associate herself with people such as you." She looked at him up and down a few times.

Brady, despite being intoxicated, could tell that Amelia's mother was judging him and didn't like him at all because of his social class but he wasn't going to lose his cool; he wanted to show Amelia he could be civil too.

"Look lad..." he trailed off and cleared his throat. "I mean Mrs. Stanton, believe it or not but your daughter does know me and I want to talk to her, if you could just call her down and ask her before jumping to conclusions."

"I wish to do no such thing, now be a civilized human being and get off my property before I get security to do so." Chantelle said sternly. "You have two minutes and I'll be watching on the CCTV."

Brady opened his mouth to say something but Amelia's mother already shut the door on his face, leaving him to feel defeated and extremely insulted.

He took in a calming breath and walked towards his truck, under normal circumstances he wouldn't have stood for being insulted, instead he would've barged in and yelled Amelia's name until she had no choice but to come down but he knew if he did that Amelia's opinion of him wouldn't change and she wouldn't forgive him.

"Fucking rich folks." He cursed under his breath in annoyance as he got in his truck.

He started the engine and drove off the driveway until he was parked on the roadside beside the house fence. He shut off the engine and made himself comfortable.

"Mia you can't stay indoors forever, if that witch you call mom won't let me in to see you I'll wait here until you come out." He said to himself.

He searched under his seat and around the vehicle for a bottle of alcohol; he needed something to keep him warm. "Fuck, just my luck."

Brady sighed and after sitting idle in his truck doing nothing he decided to put some music on, he kept the volume low as an Air Supply song played.