Uptown Girl Apology

"I'm telling you Lil, that chick is crazy." Adam said shaking his head.

"She just has a thing for you; shouldn't you take it as a compliment?" Lily asked him.

"Well," Adam began. "It is quite flattering to have a girl crushing on me but did it have to be her?"

Lily laughed. "What's wrong with her?"

"Nothing, I mean she's beautiful in her own way even with that uni-brow but it's just I seriously think she's into some pretty dark stuff." He widened his eyes at the last sentence.

"What do you mean by dark stuff?" Lily raised an amused brow.

"You know," he leaned in closer to her and continued in a whisper, "Like a satanic cult or something, I mean why else would she only wear black, I even heard she's a natural redhead but she dyes her hair midnight black."

"Oh my god, you're absolutely crazy Adam." Lily laughed. "It's not nice to spread rumors about people, she's just a little different, no need to judge." She lightly punched Adam on the shoulder.

"I'm not spreading rumors; I'm just informing you of what the others are saying." He defended himself. "That's why I'm afraid of her, what if she casts some spell on me and I fall deeply in love with her and end up marrying her and giving her little satanic babies?"

"You're absolutely crazy Adam." Lily laughed. "That's not going to happen, she's not into any dark stuff; she's just a little different that's it. If it makes you happy I'll talk to her on Monday."

"You don't have to do that, other than staring at me throughout English and Math, she doesn't do anything else." Adam said.

"But," he added a little too dramatically. "If I get pulled into the dark side, save me and bring me back to the light."

Lily shook her head at her crazy friend. "Okay."

"Promise me Lilian." He said in utter seriousness.

"I promise Adam." Lily held back her laughter.

Adam placed a hand over Lily's in an appreciative gesture. "You're a good friend Lilian."

"Can we finish this assignment now?" Lily slapped his hand away before adding, "And one more time you call me Lilian, I'll sacrifice you to the devil." She teased.

Adam gulped. "Are you... are you into all that stuff too?"

Lily rolled her eyes. "Of course not idiot."

"Good." Adam dramatically let out a breath. "Let's stop talking about that and continue this biology assignment."

"That's the best idea you've had all night." Lily said as she opened her laptop once again.

"Actually I wouldn't mind a snack, I'll be right back."

"No you don't, you're just procrastinating." Lily called after him as he walked into the kitchen.

Lily rolled her eyes but went back to work on their assignment. Not too long afterwards she heard the front door shut loudly, she looked up and saw an angry looking Brady storm in.

Brady was headed towards his room but his sister stopped him.

"Well hello to you too brother dear." Lily said sarcastically.

Brady just acknowledged her greeting with a nod.

"What's gotten you so mad this time?" Lily asked stopping him from going to his room.

"Nothing." He replied coolly.

"I beg to differ." Lily said.

"Lily I'm not in the mood." Brady said.