Tip into the Bad Boys Past

"Brady." Amelia breathed.

"Hmm?" Brady hummed as he pressed soft kisses on her jaw.

"Stop." She said this time with a firmer voice.

Brady immediately stilled and pulled away. Amelia's face was lightly flushed but she quickly composed herself.

"What's wrong?" Brady frowned. "Why did you tell me to stop?"

"Because I know you well enough by now." She answered.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asked.              

"It means that you'll kiss me now and say a few sweet words then the next minute you'll tell me to stay out of your life if I know what's good for me." she answered.

"Mi-" Brady began but Amelia raised a hand and cut him off.

"No Brady, not this time. I will not let you play with me and my emotions, I refuse to be a victim of one your 'mood-flings' I don't know what you think of me but I'm honestly not that type." She said firmly. "This side of you today was wonderful but I know you too well to know it's not permanent, I don't like rollercoasters, literal or metaphorical ones."

"Are you done?" Brady asked.

"Yes." She answered. "So I think you should maybe leave."

"I won't." Brady adamantly stated.

"Why?" Amelia asked. "Why are so nice to me today? Why are you even here?"

"Because I saw a side of you last night that I never thought was possible for people in your world." Brady answered, raising his voice.

"When you say 'my world' you make it seem as if I'm from another universe, in case you don't know but you and I are both human earthlings." She said mimicking his tone.

"You know what I fucking mean." Brady retorted.

Amelia let out a breath. "So what did you see in me last night?"

"Care." Brady said softly taking a step towards her. "You took care of my sister – who is no one to you and made sure she got home safely and ever since then I can't stop thinking about you."

"Lily is a friend." Amelia said. "Of course I would look out for her, she's naïve and innocent."

"Exactly." Brady said. "But knowing you showed so much care for a stranger – a stranger who isn't rich – makes me see you in a whole different light Amelia."

"Why doesn't money always have to be a division with you?" Amelia asked exasperated. "When we die we don't take anything with us so why should money be so important now?"

"Because we're not dead and the living rich think they can get away with everything because money is power." Brady said.

"And it's also the devil." Amelia said. "I've seen it recently."

"Money isn't the devil, the one with the money is the devil; money is the power they can't be responsible with." Brady corrected her.

"But fuck that shit." Brady said and held onto her shoulders. "What I'm here to say is I want to try again."

"Try what?" Amelia asked. "Being friends?"

"No." Brady admitted. "I think we've both established we cannot be friends since for starters I can't keep my hands off you."

"Then what do you want to be Brady?" Amelia asked looking him straight in the eye.

"I don't know, this is all foreign to me." he said running a hand through his hair. "But I can't be your friend."