Her White Bread World

"Brady?" Lily pressed when Brady didn't give her an answer.

Brady shrugged. "I have no idea; she came to the wrong house."

Lily frowned and hummed. "I don't know why but she looked so familiar – as if I know her or something."

"Did she see you?" Brady asked with a hint of anxiousness to his tone.

"Doubt it." Lily replied. "She drove off like a maniac."

Brady let out a breath. "Go on inside."

Lily narrowed her eyes and looked suspiciously at her brother. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing." Brady answered flatly.

Lily raised a brow. "Why don't I believe you?"

"Cause you're an idiot. Now why don't you go on inside and see who's back."

Lily let Brady's suspicious behavior pass in anxiousness to see her aunt – whom she knew was back.

Lily rushed inside. "Aunt Ellie!"

Amelia looked up at Brady. "I'll get going."

Brady nodded but as she was about to step outside his voice stopped her. "Wait, how are you planning to get back home?"

"I'll call Stan." She answered.

"And you're just going to wait outside here until he arrives?" Brady questioned.

"Yeah I guess so. I think I've overstayed my welcome." She answered sheepishly.

"Since when does Amelia Stanton take a hint?" Brady teased.

Amelia however didn't catch on to his teasing tone. "You know what; I think I'll just go for a walk until Stan finds me."

"Are you trying to threaten me?" Brady asked sternly.

"Threaten you?" she repeated his words. "How on God's green earth is that a threat?"

"You know I won't allow you to walk all by yourself in this neighborhood." He told her.

"Allow me?" she ridiculed his words. "Since when do you have think I have to seek your permission for things?"

"Since you're mine." He stated.

Amelia pretended her heart didn't flutter at his claim on her; she didn't want to let him see the effect a simple thing like a few words of his had on her.

"Says who?" she retorted.

He stepped closer to her, until his chest was almost against hers and looked down at her; his taller frame overpowering her smaller one. "Me."

She swallowed and let out a breath before she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her too and the two of them hugged each other for a long moment.

"I'm sorry." They said to each other in unison.

She pulled her head away but her hands were still firmly around his. "For what?"

"For telling you to leave so rudely and for being a bit of an asshole to you, I know you meant well." He told her sincerely.

"And I'm sorry for putting my nose where it doesn't belong. I know deep down somewhere it hurt you." She said.

"It didn't hurt me." he told her.

She gave him a look. "Don't hide from me."

"I'm not; I'm telling you the truth." He said nonchalantly.