Meeting The Stantons

A brief moment of silence filled the vehicle, for Amelia it was uncomfortable and for Brady it was a moment for his mind to absorb what Amelia just told him.

Amelia examined his featured and she contemplated whether moving away from him was a good idea or not. It was one of those moments one gets when it's really tense or awkward and one doesn't want to sit there but neither do they want to move; it's maybe a subconscious thought that if they do move away they'll draw more attention to themselves.

The silence became unbearable for Amelia so she broke it. "Say something." She blurted.

Brady looked at her blankly for a moment before he swallowed and shook his head, a small smirk formed at the corner of his lips. "You can cut it out now Mia."

She frowned. "Cut what out?"

He gave her an obvious look. "This meeting your family joke."

She responded with a serious look. "It isn't a joke."

This time she pulled away from him and sat back in her place.

"Of course it's a fucking joke." He said coolly.

"No it's not." She stated. "Do I look as if I'm joking?"

"Yes you do look like a fucking joke." He muttered.

"Excuse me?" she raised a brow.

"Nothing." He quickly said. "Let's get you home you big ol' tease."

He sat up more straightly and started the ignition but before he could press on the gas Amelia spoke.

"Brady I am serious, I want my family to know I'm seeing someone." She said.

"So tell them, who's stopping you?" he told her. "Why the fuck do I have to be dragged into all that?"

"Because in case you've forgotten, you're the person I'm seeing." She told him, becoming slightly exasperated.

"So," Brady began with a shrug. "You see me then, no need for your family to see me too."

Amelia groaned in frustration before taking in a calming breath. "Brady," she began but Brady cut her off.

"You sound pretty damn sexy when you do that." He smirked at her.

She glared at him in response. "Not in the mood."

"Are you ever?" He murmured to himself and started the truck.

Amelia pretended not to hear what he said and even though it killed her to do so, she kept her mouth shut for the rest of the drive until they reached her home. Brad parked as usual, on the side of the road so the guards at the front gate wouldn't notice them.

She looked at him incredulously. "So?" she questioned.

"So what?" he casually replied.

She sighed in exasperation. "You know what."

"I'm not a mind reader nor an 'in-between the lines' one either." He told her bluntly.

"So you'll have to be more specific." He added.

Amelia sighed. "About meeting my family."

"I thought we already concluded that discussion." He stated. "So why are you bringing it up again?"

"We did not conclude it, you changed the subject." She said.

"So that's my polite way of saying shut the fuck up because I'm not interested." He told her with a small grin.