B for Broken

* warning*
The end of the chapter contains some content which sensitive readers might not like or feel comfortable with. I will place a bold, underlined esoteric when it begins should you not want to read it.

"Hey man, you sure you're going to be alright alone? I can crash here for a few days." Jarred said to Brady.

By the time it was dark, everyone left apart from Brady's friends and Amelia.

"No, I'll be fine. I've gotta get used to the quiet eventually." Brady answered.

Jarred looked at him sadly as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "Call me if you need anything."

Brady nodded in response.

As Jarred left towards the exit, Cassidy went over and hugged Brady for a long moment.

She pulled away but still kept her hands around him. "I'm here for you if you need anything, I can understand how you feel right now, Jarred and I have been there so please don't hesitate to call me anytime, okay?"

Brady nodded. "I won't, thanks Cas."

Cassidy wrapped her arms around him again and gave him a tight hug, she pulled away glanced at Amelia who didn't even realise she was glaring at the tall brunette, and she pecked Brady on the cheek.

"Cas?" Jarred called out to his sister.

"Coming." She answered and as she walked pass Amelia she smirked at her before she left.

Amelia clenched her hands at her side but took in a calming breath, she couldn't allow herself to be as cheap and inconsiderate as Cassidy to use Brady's sadness and grief as a way to get at each other.

"Adam honey, you coming?" Adams mom who rounded up everything and said her goodbye to Brady called.

"Um mom you carry on, I came over with my car," he paused and glanced at Lily. "I might need to take Lily home as well."

Adams mom who was as blonde as him smiled sweetly and nodded before she left.

"Or," Lily said hesitantly and took a step towards where Brady was seated on the couch. "You don't have to drop me anywhere, I can stay here... at home."

Amelia and Adam both looked at Lily, Amelia shook her head mentally scolding Lily for bringing it up too soon.

There was a silence that was too quiet which filled the room and everyone present found their heart beating just a little more faster.

Lily hesitantly took a seat next to Brady and after taking in a deep breath she looked at the side of his face. "M-May I?"

Silence.

"Brady?"

More silence.

"Brady may I come back home, please?" Lily cried.

Brady sighed deeply before he lifted his gaze to meet Lily's.

"There's no need. As I said I need to get used to the quiet." He answered softly.

Lily sniffed. "No you don't, this is my house too and I don't want to leave you alone."

Brady shut his eyes for a long moment before he opened them again. "And I don't want anyone's pity."

"It's not pity Brady." She placed a hand on his shoulder. "You're my brother and we both lost our aunt."

Brady looked at her then at her hand then back at her in disapproval. Lily got the message so she slowly pulled her hand away.