A Kid Named Lukas

Brady got back home a few minutes after dropping Amelia off at her house; he barged into his house and screamed, "Lilian!"

The living room was empty and the lights were off, Brady switched them on and yelled again. "Lily!"

Aunt Ellie came downstairs, tying her nightgown as she walked. "What's the need for all this ruckus?" she asked annoyed. "Have you seen the time boy?"

"Where's Lily?" Brady asked.

"In her room asleep like any other sane person at this hour." Ellie replied.

Brady walked pass his aunt and up the stairs. Ellie followed him and said, "Can't you wait until the morning, the child is asleep."

"No it can't." Brady responded. "Did the poor child tell you where she was tonight?"

"Yes she told me everything but you need to calm down before you speak to her or you'll only feel guilty." Ellie tried reasoning.

"No can do Aunt Ellie." Brady stated and circled his fingers around Lily's bedroom door knob. "I'm talking to her now."

"Brady-" Ellie began but stopped midway when Brady was already in Lily's room.

Her room was dark but Brady had the lights on in no time, Lily lay still on her bed under the covers.

"See she's asleep, let her be." Ellie said.

"She's awake; you two take me for a fool." Brady said.

"Lily get up, I know you're awake." He demanded.

Lily squirmed but opened her eyes and sat up straight, she felt afraid of her big brother at that moment.

"B-brady I can explain." She muttered.

"Get out of that bed and come here." He demanded.

"Brady-" she began but Brady cut her off.

"Do as I said Lily." He said sternly.

Lily nodded and got out of bed before walking up to her brother, she stood in front of him with her hands in front of her and her head lowered.

Brady said nothing for a moment and that scared Lily and aunt Ellie more; it was like the calm before the storm.

Brady let out a breath and Lily was shocked when he wrapped his arms around her small frame.

Lily frowned and took a moment before she hugged her brother back.

Brady hugged his sister for a long moment before he let go of her and genuinely smiled at her.

Lily frowned. "Are you high or something?"

"Why? Would you rather prefer me yelling at you right now?" he asked.

"No." Lily answered. "But this is a little strange after what I did."

Brady smiled at his sister. "I'm mad as hell at you but overall I'm just glad you're safe and sound at home." He tucked a strand of hair behind her eyes. "That's the most important thing."

Ellie smiled at the two of them and Lily followed soon. "So you won't yell at me?" Lily asked hopeful.

"I wanted to." Brady admitted. "But I've calmed down."

Lily's smile widened and she threw her arms around her brother. "You're not all that bad sometimes you know."

When Lily pulled away, Brady looked at her amused. "Oh don't be so generous with praise, you're still grounded for a month, you can't go anywhere other than school and back."